Now, when some people go about saving the Earth, they go in all the way. No little steps here, they recycle ad reuse everything. They go green in every way they can, with all the knowledge and effort they can muster. One of those people is architect Michael Reynolds, who builds Earthships.
What is an Earthship? Well, think of it as the ultimate recycled housing. Fully autonomous and created using what the rest of the world would deem to be garbage, Mr. Reynolds’ Earthships are home that the environmentally conscious can enjoy without a qualm.
An Earthship is a radically sustainable home made of recycled materials. They make their own electricity using solar and wind power. Even geothermal power if it is available. They heat and cool themselves naturally using solar and thermal dynamics. They harvest their own water from rain and snow melt and use it at least four times. They use and reuse all household sewage (greywater and blackwater) in indoor and outdoor botanical cells. The produce a significant amount of food, usually enough to sustain a small family.
Earthships are constructed using the byproducts of modern society like cans, bottles and tires. They are built to use local resources and be off the grid; dependent on as little fossil fuel as possible. They are heavily insulated and usually covered in a thick layer of stucco. Currently, Earthships are present in almost every state in the United States, as well as many countries in Europe.
Designed and marketed by Earthship Biotecture of Taos, New Mexico, Michael Reynolds has brought his dream of creating self-sufficient and Earth friendly homes to the world. He has been creating these Earthships since the 1970s and his homes have improved in design and function ever since. He focuses on using materials that are readily available in every country of the world, like tires and dirt, and making homes that will be durable, long lasting, and valuable to the owners for a lifetime.
You can read more about Earthships at: http://earthship.com/
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- The Best Backpack Sprayers 2021: The Complete Buyer’s Guide Compared And Reviewed For Fertilizers, Herbicides And Pesticides
- 10 Best Rear Tine Tiller Compared And Reviewed 2021: Breaking New Ground Without A Hitch
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Upgrade Your Outdoor Space: Create A Master Plan For Your Future Patio Furniture 2021
- 5 Factors To Consider When Decorating Your Outdoor Space 2021: Make Your Garden Furniture Reflect Your Personal Style
- Outdoor Portable Hot Tub Ultimate Guide For The Best Winter Fun 2021: Everything You Need To Know In Selecting, Using And Maintenance
✅ Home Design And Tips
- How to Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- Get To Know Your Leaf Blower: The Ultimate Guide To Keeping Your Lawn, Yard And Garden Clean 2021
- The 10 Best Chipper Shredders Models Reviewed 2021: Find Your Most Suitable Option To Recycle And Compost
- Buyer’s Guide On Efficient Pond Vacuum For Outdoor And Indoor Water 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- How to Make Your Own Bug Spray?
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- 4 Methods of Domestic Waste Disposal
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Drought Tips
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- The Best Skin Care Herb – Centella Asiatica: The Benefits & Home Medicinal Remedies 2021
✅ Bird Care
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- Why You Must Properly Fledge Parrots: The Importance And Benefits Of Fledging Young Parrots 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips