Everything You Need to Know About Lawn Sweepers:
Autumn comes and starts to paint the trees of your yard in golden color, your property acquires a magically beautiful look. Soon those reddish leaves start to cover your lawn. The fairy tale picture turns into a nightmare. You can’t do without lawn sweepers to keep your yard in the manicured and tidy look you crave to see so much. This all-season helper will neatly remove all yard chores. You will get rid of the grass clippings during summers and anything that Mother Nature will drop on your yard in autumn.
Hence you bought your perfect lawn sweeper. Alright, what’s next? Being a new user, you will need some recommendations on the exploitation and maintenance to have impressive cleaning results and expand the lifespan of your equipment.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 What Are The Common Lawn Sweeper Types?
- 2 How to Choose the Perfect Lawn Sweeper?
- 3 Interesting Facts about Lawn Care
- 4 How to Use a Lawn Sweeper?
- 5 How to Maintain a Lawn Sweeper?
- 6 Why Use a Lawn Sweeper?
- 7 When Should You Use a Lawn Sweeper?
- 8 Do lawn sweepers pick up pine cones?
- 9 Do lawn sweepers work?
- 10 Will a lawn sweeper pick up grass clippings?
What Are The Common Lawn Sweeper Types?
In the US most neighbors complain about the noise or dust produced by a power lawn sweeper, so we shall put them aside and refer them to other sweeper types. Today we can differentiate two major types of sweepers. Let’s have a closer look at each of them:
Push sweepers are lightweight, easy to maneuver, inexpensive, and noiseless in operation. They are irreplaceable for smaller areas to be maintained once a week. The main drawback of these models is that you might have to go over the same surface several times to have the whole debris collected. These tools are relatively smaller in size, therefore their hoppers (collection bags) are to be emptied several times per one cleaning. If you own a large yard, push sweepers are inconvenient.
Tow-behind lawn sweepers are perfect variants for those who are ready to pay more to have an equipment with a larger capacity to hold much debris and a more efficient sweeping process. And if it may be inconvenient to use these bulky sweepers in smaller areas, tow-behind lawn sweeper reviews show they are mandatory with large yards. The sweepers get attached to mowers or small tractors. They feature large capacity hoppers (20-25 cubic feet on average) to produce efficient and quick sweeping of residential and commercial lawns.
From the multiple Agri-Fab, Ohio Steel, and John Deere lawn sweeper reviews, we can learn that tow-behind sweepers are the most often chosen ones.
How to Choose the Perfect Lawn Sweeper?
If you are searching the best lawn sweeper to buy, don’t hurry with your choice. You’d better evaluate all the options and consider all the advantages and flaws of the suggested models to make a ground final decision. There are three aspects to base your selection on and we’ll consider them separately.
- Analyze Your Usage
The first aspect to take into account is the size of your lawn. This determines whether the maximal capacity of the sweeper’s hopper is a big deal or not. Supposing that you own a huge lawn, it will be more expedient to consider buying a tow-behind sweeper not to be obliged to constantly upload the hopper with a capacity of 20-26 cubic feet. The same refers to commercial lawn cleaners. Here only bulky sweepers with the capacity over 70 cubic feet can be an option.
What concerns small lawn owners, a manual push sweeper with around 10-15 cubic feet capacity is optimal. These are sold at much cheaper prices than tow-behind sweepers.
- Look for Easy Maintenance
Similar to any other equipment, a lawn sweeper requires some maintenance to work effectively and long. Hoppers must be regularly cleaned, any dirt removed from the lawn sweeper wheels, and the entire product checked on any shortcomings. Push sweepers are easier to maintain.
- Be Careful About What You Pay For
Durability is the key factor whenever you are picking up a lawn sweeper because you use them once a week (and twice a week in summertime). The frequency of usage, the area to clean and the evenness of the surface demand solid quality. The steel construction and sturdy brushes are important. And the hopper of a good sweeper is to be made of heavy-duty material to withstand numerous uses many seasons. Such robust equipment costs respectively, you shouldn’t forget about this. What is a lawn sweeper if it won’t serve you at least several seasons without the need of repair!
Interesting Facts about Lawn Care
- The first lawn sweeper was built and sold in the late 1950s by The Parker Sweeper Company in Ohio. The model was named Electro-Sweep ES-5628.
- An average lawn can absorb six times more water than a wheat field. And around 65% of the water used in the United States goes to watering lawns!
- In the United States alone, there are about forty million acres of lawn! This is three times larger than corn plants.
- On average, a man weighing 150 pounds, burns around 380 calories as a result of sweeping a lawn with a push-mower for half an hour.
- It’s been registered, that annually sixty-five thousand people in the States are hospitalized with injuries got from mowing yards.
How to Use a Lawn Sweeper?
After you have unpacked your sweeper, pass onto its assembly. Following the directions in the manual, you will successfully assemble the equipment and have all the John Deere lawn sweeper parts in their places (if you select this brand).
Next pass on removing large debris from your yard. You’d better pick up any branches, rocks and other sizable debris beforehand not to have the brushes damaged and the wheels locked.
Before passing to the immediate cleaning process, make sure the lawn is dry. The sweeper’s brushes don’t have a strong grip on the wet and slippery ground.
Adjusting the brush height and speed will help you clean the entire surface of your lawn more productively. Avoid setting high speed on uneven terrains. The optimal brush height is an inch lower than the height of the grass.
Cleaning the lawn, watch the hopper not to be filled to the brim and empty it every time it is nearly full of debris. And finally, remember to sweep the lawn at least once a week.
How to Maintain a Lawn Sweeper?
If you wonder “how does a lawn sweeper work long? the answer will be “due to the proper maintenance?. The primary rule is checking to detect any minor problems. Do this every three months. Check the chute, the wheels, the brushes, and the hopper to avoid critical issues that may cost much in the end.
After each use, make certain the hopper is cleaned well because if you leave any debris in it, it will become prone to mold and mildew. Just the same way, check the brushes and the wheels not to leave any dirt on them.
Winter approaching, prepare the sweeper to store safely. Search any debris remaining on the interior parts, replace those that no longer work well, lubricate the rest and finally cover the entire sweeper with a tarp.
Adhering to all these tips, your John Deere lawn sweeper (or any other model you’ve chosen) will operate well many seasons.
Why Use a Lawn Sweeper?
A lawn sweeper is the most effective equipment to clean yards, gardens, and other areas from leaves, pine cones, grass clippings, and other debris. Thanks to it, you not only make your lawn safer and more pleasant for your family but also upgrade your house exterior look.
When Should You Use a Lawn Sweeper?
You should use a lawn sweeper at least once a week during the year and twice a week if it’s summer to keep your yard clean and tidy, as because of frequent watering, the grass grows quicker and has to be trimmed more frequently. If you avoid this, you will end up having a polluted, unattractive, and bad-smelling lawn.
Do lawn sweepers pick up pine cones?
The best lawn sweepers with powerful rotating brushes pick up pine cones and other debris effectively. The general rule is that tow-behind lawn sweepers are more resultful in picking up pine cones and other large debris thanks to their heavy-duty construction.
Do lawn sweepers work?
The vast majority of lawn sweeper owners are satisfied with the operation of their equipment, and the lifetime of a lawn sweeper depends on the brushes, power, and built quality. If used adequately and maintained properly (do not leave a sweeper outdoors exposed to weather elements), most lawn sweepers tend to serve for years to come.
Will a lawn sweeper pick up grass clippings?
Yes, all lawn sweepers are designed to pick up any type of lawn debris with grass clippings and leaves in particular. If you need a sweeper mostly for collecting grass clippings, stop your choice on a push sweeper, as it’s more inexpensive than tow-behind models, yet is great for picking up grass clipping.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2021: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- How To Plan Garden Storage Sheds? Tips You Have To Know Before Your Purchase 2021
- Upgrade Your Outdoor Space: Create A Master Plan For Your Future Patio Furniture 2021
- Best 10 Patio Heaters Review 2021: The Ultimate Guide On Keeping You Warm Outdoors
✅ Home Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2021
- The 10 Best Chipper Shredders Models Reviewed 2021: Find Your Most Suitable Option To Recycle And Compost
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Five Green Tips That Keeps Homes Warm All Winter
- How to Make Your Own Wind Power?
- 15 Facts You Need To Know About Outdoor Solar Lights for Your Garden: The Essential Guide 2021
✅ Plant Care And Products
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- How to Create a Greener Garden Space
✅ Bird Care
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips