Every couple of years or so, my mum will decide to have a ‘bit of a do’ and invite close family and more distant family over for a buffet meal, chat, coffee, etc. which will always be held in the garden.
She tends to do these on years when the garden is looking particularly lovely, and when the roses are smelling sweet and the grass is at its greenest.
And why not, I say.
Anyhows, part of this routine involves dad erecting some kind of giant sun-shade over the trestle tables to keep the sun off the diners.
✅ Best CAMPROS Waterproof Windproof 8-Person-Camping-Tent
Good quality material, mesh keeps the mosquitos out and very easy to setup too. – It’s huge and laughed because on the outside it looks small. It reminds of those old looney toon cartoons where there would be a tent in the desert and when they walked into the tent it was like a full circus or hotel. This tent is like that.
In truth it usually serves to keep off the rain, or protect people from the falling acorns thrown by the rather angry squirrels that live in the trees surrounding the garden plot.
Being the ingenious type, dad has over the years collected an assortment of old tent poles, broken plastic gazebos and different pieces of bright green awning / tent fabric.
And so the day before any of mum’s events, dad can be seen, with a willing victim of the close family, in the garden trying to create some kind of giant tent affair to cover the lawn. Or at least the bits where people will be.
One year the weather was so awful that every second person at the table had to hold a pole up with one hand whilst eating with the other. After a while the person would swap with their neighbor.
Every so often dad would walk about the edges of the tent waving a broom stick, a bit like a sergeant major. He would push the fabric up where it looked bloated and bucket loads of water would cascade down onto the sodden earth below.
What a pity they don’t make garden umbrellas that are that bit bigger than the normal round ones so if you have a larger than life family and outdoor meal, you could use a larger than life sun-shade.
Guess what today’s review is about…
I’m now off to disentangle dad from the remains of last weeks dinner party (and tent)…
Bye for now
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Still Having Problems With Your Wood Glue? Here Is The Ultimate Adhesive Guide FAQs From Selection To Application 2021
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 7 Tips To Improve The Look Of Your Garden For Trendy Aesthetics And Healthy Outdoor Space 2021
- Common Abnormal Behaviour In Birds: How To Take Care Of Your Parrots?
- Inspirations For The Best Outdoor Living In Summer: Garden Style Guide 2021
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- The Best Mosquito Trap 2021 Reviewed: Keeping Pests At Bay By Baiting Them According To Your Needs
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
✅ Even More Great Products
- Sun Joe TJ601E Electric Garden Tiller Review (2021)
- Outdoor Portable Hot Tub Ultimate Guide For The Best Winter Fun 2021: Everything You Need To Know In Selecting, Using And Maintenance
- The Best Indoor and Outdoor Ant Killer Reviewed 2021: For Getting Rid Of Pests And Safety Tips
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips