Every couple of years or so, my mum will decide to have a ‘bit of a do’ and invite close family and more distant family over for a buffet meal, chat, coffee, etc. which will always be held in the garden.
She tends to do these on years when the garden is looking particularly lovely, and when the roses are smelling sweet and the grass is at its greenest.
And why not, I say.
Anyhows, part of this routine involves dad erecting some kind of giant sun-shade over the trestle tables to keep the sun off the diners.
✅ Best CAMPROS Waterproof Windproof 8-Person-Camping-Tent
Good quality material, mesh keeps the mosquitos out and very easy to setup too. – It’s huge and laughed because on the outside it looks small. It reminds of those old looney toon cartoons where there would be a tent in the desert and when they walked into the tent it was like a full circus or hotel. This tent is like that.
In truth it usually serves to keep off the rain, or protect people from the falling acorns thrown by the rather angry squirrels that live in the trees surrounding the garden plot.
Being the ingenious type, dad has over the years collected an assortment of old tent poles, broken plastic gazebos and different pieces of bright green awning / tent fabric.
And so the day before any of mum’s events, dad can be seen, with a willing victim of the close family, in the garden trying to create some kind of giant tent affair to cover the lawn. Or at least the bits where people will be.
One year the weather was so awful that every second person at the table had to hold a pole up with one hand whilst eating with the other. After a while the person would swap with their neighbor.
Every so often dad would walk about the edges of the tent waving a broom stick, a bit like a sergeant major. He would push the fabric up where it looked bloated and bucket loads of water would cascade down onto the sodden earth below.
What a pity they don’t make garden umbrellas that are that bit bigger than the normal round ones so if you have a larger than life family and outdoor meal, you could use a larger than life sun-shade.
Guess what today’s review is about…
I’m now off to disentangle dad from the remains of last weeks dinner party (and tent)…
Bye for now
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2022
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2022
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2022: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Encouraging Children To Save Our Environment: Start Eco Education At Young Age For Better Future 2022
- How To Create A Greener Garden Space: Ultimate Guide To Making Your Loved Outdoor Space Eco-Friendly 2022
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2022: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- The Best Mosquito Trap 2022 Reviewed: Keeping Pests At Bay By Baiting Them According To Your Needs
- How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs At Home With Bed Bug Killer 2022: Fast And Permanent Solutions
- Calling Everyone With A Small To Tiny Garden
✅ Even More Great Products
- 20 Outdoor Furniture Ideas To Make You Happy In The Garden 2022
- Animals And Pests Keep Intruding Your Garden? Add Fence Spikes To Your Fencing To Keep Them Out: Garden Protection Guide 2022
- The 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders Reviewed And Compared: Guide On How To Choose Your Own Model 2022
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips