Have you ever thought about the impact you have on the environment by just eating? After all, that food you eat has to be shipped over hundreds or even thousands of miles to your local market. Eating locally is a good idea, but an even better idea is to grow your own food. Here are some reasons:
1. Control the quality – The first reason why you should grow your own food is to control the quality of what you put into your body. If you grow your food you can avoid pesticides and unnatural fertilizers. Instead you can plant according to your area and use natural pesticides to keep your veggies growing strong. You can also grow heirloom plants that are naturally pest resistant and offer better nutrition. They also taste better!
2. Cut your bills –We spend a lot of money at the grocery store. Every month we go and but the things we need. But what if you only had to buy a handful of things? Growing your own food allows you to eat good food without having to pay for it. Seeds and starter plants are cheap, as cheap as dirt, and they grow fast providing you with a great selection.
3. Eat seasonally –Another thing that is beneficial about growing your own food is that you eat seasonally. This can help you to come up with new recipes and try new foods. Seasonal foods taste better.
Growing your own food is easy no matter where you live. Even if you do not have a large outdoor space you can still grow plants in window boxes or vertical gardens along a wall or balcony. Save the environment from more transportation costs and over farming. It is easy to get started and eat healthier in the bargain.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
- 10 Best Rear Tine Tiller Compared And Reviewed 2021: Breaking New Ground Without A Hitch
- Best 10 Herbicide Of 2021 For Maintaining A Clean & Healthy Yard Reviewed
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Best Grill Covers 2021: Keep Your Grill Clean And Weather-Protected
- How To Add An Outdoor Gym In Your Own Garden 2021
- How To Plan Garden Storage Sheds? Tips You Have To Know Before Your Purchase 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- How To Use Weed killers – The Essential Guide For Beginners 2021
- Lawn Sweeper Buyer’s Guide: 2021 Review And How To Choose The Best One To Meet Your Needs
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Do Solar Panels Make for a Sensible Investment for your Home?
- Drought Tips
- 15 Facts You Need To Know About Outdoor Solar Lights for Your Garden: The Essential Guide 2021
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Want A Bouquet Sent To A Beloved One Even When Separated By Distance? The Ultimate Guide To International Flower Delivery 2021
- Creating a Backyard Paradise
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
✅ Bird Care
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips