Maintaining night time lighting in the garden isn’t cheap: a lot of electric energy consumed, so it can cost you a fortune. Luckily, there is a way out: solar power garden lights will brighten your garden without taking a wrecking ball to your finances. This is a great option for extending your space and making your territory comfortable, not mentioning security purposes. Let’s review the best outdoor solar garden lights to find the most suitable option for your backyard.
Compare The Best Solar Lights
|Item/Characteristics||Amount of lights||Color||Voltage||Overall height||Time of work||Materials||The set includes|
|OxyLED Solar Garden Lights||3||Multi-colored (changing)||2 volts||30 inches||8 hours||Stainless Steel, ABS Plastic, Acryl||3 lights + instruction|
|Maggift 8 Pcs Solar Powered LED Garden Lights||8||Warm white||1.2 volts||11 inches||8-10 hours||Plastic||8 lights|
|RIGHT ZEAL 3 LED Color Changing Solar Stake Lights||3||Multi-colored (changing)||1.2 volts||30 inches||8 hours||Stainless Steel, plastic||3 lights + instruction|
|GardenBliss 10 Pack of Outdoor Solar Garden Lights||10||White||0 volts||8-12 inches (two stakes are included)||8 hours||Plastic||10 lights + 20 stakes|
|Solarmart Outdoor Solar Garden stake Lights||2 sets of 4 (8 lights)||Purple + white||1.2 volts||26.5 inches||8 hours||Fabric, plastic||2 lights + manual|
|Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light, Set of 6||6||Warm white glow||1.2 volts||16 inches||8 hours||Plastic||6 lights + instruction|
|AMIR 2 in 1 Solar Spotlights||1||Multi-colored (changing)||3.7 volts||7 inches||8-14 hours||Plastic||1 light + 3 screws for mounting|
|TomCare Solar Lights Solar Torches Lights||2||Imitation of fire||5.5 volts||27.2 inches||Up to 10 hours||Plastic||2*plastic ground spike 2*longer ground stake 2*LED solar torch light 1*user manual 1*key pin|
|Cinoton Solar Light Path Torches Dancing Flame Lighting 96 LED||2||Imitation of fire||5.5 volts||31 inches||Up to 10 hours||Black plastic||2*Solar Torch Lights 2*Extend Pipe 2*Plastic Ground Spike 1* Manual|
|Voona Solar Garden Lights Outdoor 6-Pack||6||Warm white light||1.2 volts||15,3 inches||Up to 8 hours||Black plastic||6 lights|
How We Selected And Tested Solar Powered Garden Lights
In order to compile the list of the worthiest devices, we read hundreds of solar garden lights reviews and purchased a few models to compare their efficiency, brightness, and reliability. The lights were charged during a sunny day, and we evaluated how they shone during nighttime.
Top-10 Garden Solar Lights
In each best solar garden lights review, you can find useful information about the type of bulbs used, power, efficiency, and other technical peculiarities. This chart can surely serve as your definitive guide to choosing perfect solar lights for your backyard or garden – we tried to pay attention to every single detail.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 OxyLED Solar Garden Lights, 3 Pack Solar Garden Stake Light, Multi-color Changing Solar Dragonfly for Outdoor Path
- 2 Maggift 8 Pcs Solar Powered LED Garden Lights, Automatic Led for Patio, Yard and Garden
- 3 BRIGHT ZEAL 3 LED Color Changing Solar Stake Lights Outdoor – Solar Light LED Garden Decor Statues (DANDELION, LILY, SUNFLOWER)
- 4 GardenBliss 10 Pack of Outdoor Solar Garden Lights for Your Yard Path Lawn and Landscape Lighting
- 5 Solarmart Outdoor Solar Garden Stake Lights – Multi-color Changing LED Solar Stake Lights for Garden
- 6 Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light, Set of 6
- 7 AMIR 2 in 1 Solar Spotlights, Upgraded Solar Garden Lights Outdoor, Waterproof 4 LED Landscape Lighting
- 8 TomCare Solar Lights Solar Torches Lights Waterproof Flickering Flames Torches Lights
- 9 Cinoton Solar Light, Path Torches Dancing Flame Lighting
- 10 Voona 6-Pack Outdoor Solar Garden Lights
OxyLED Solar Garden Lights, 3 Pack Solar Garden Stake Light, Multi-color Changing Solar Dragonfly for Outdoor Path
Want to adorn your backyard? OxyLED offers cute multi-colored solar garden lights in the form of hummingbird, dragonfly, and butterfly. They are equipped with manual On/Off switch buttons, and the solar panel recharges automatically during daytime to power the batteries when dark. The lights are waterproof, so they will stand even a severe rain. The lights can last for 8 hours when they’re fully charged. It’s wireless and totally safe in use. Each stake light has 7 LED that change color and can be installed in flowerbeds, near paths, fences, walkways, and so on. These cheap solar garden lights will make a fairy tale come true.
Simple and cheap solution for the decoration of flower beds and backyard.
- highly aesthetic design and LED lights that change color;
- weak light, so these devices are suitable for decorating mostly.
Maggift 8 Pcs Solar Powered LED Garden Lights, Automatic Led for Patio, Yard and Garden
This is a very cost-efficient set of decorative solar lights for garden: 8 pieces in the non-expensive kit will add a warm glow to your pathways, and will make your backyard more elegant. The lights come with an On/Off switch, but the charging isn’t automatic – you need to turn it on. The construction is water-resistant, and easily withstands rain, snow, and frosty temperatures. The lights work for up to 10 hours after full charging, and each lamp has 8 LED lights.
A nice solution for lighting a pathway. Cheap and easy in installation, but may not last long.
- very cheap (one light will cost you less than $3);
- works up to 8-10 hours;
- temperature-resistant construction.
- weak lighting;
- the construction is made of plastic, e.g. isn’t very durable.
BRIGHT ZEAL 3 LED Color Changing Solar Stake Lights Outdoor – Solar Light LED Garden Decor Statues (DANDELION, LILY, SUNFLOWER)
These are the best solar powered garden lights to decorate flower beds and make your backyard look awesome. Bright Zeal offers lights with LED that change color and work automatically – no need to push On/Off button for recharging. They’re made of lightweight water-resistant plastic and have a pole stake from stainless steel. The AA batteries can work up to 8 hours. The lights come in a gift box, so it can be a great present for your family, friends or colleagues.
A very attractive set of decorative lights that isn’t functional but pretty. Since batteries are included, it shouldn’t be used during wintertime.
- splendid design;
- change color.
- small and can be used as a decoration only.
GardenBliss 10 Pack of Outdoor Solar Garden Lights for Your Yard Path Lawn and Landscape Lighting
Buyers in search of bright solar powered garden lights should opt for a cost-efficient solution from GardenBliss: the lights can work up to 8 hours after a full recharge, and premium LED are guaranteed to have at least 20,000 hours lifecycle. This is a great deal: in the kit, you will get 10 lights with rechargeable battery each, plus 2 posts per lamp to vary the height (20 posts total)! The construction can easily withstand rain, snow, and wind. Installation is a matter of one minute, and the lights are strong enough to illuminate a driveway of a garden path.
If you need bright lights for cheap, opt for this variant. Please, note that the lights should be treated carefully – plastic is not stress-resistant.
- this solution is a real money saver;
- the lights are pretty bright.
- the plastic isn’t durable, and lights can be easily damaged by wild animals and birds;
- not long-lasting.
Solarmart Outdoor Solar Garden Stake Lights – Multi-color Changing LED Solar Stake Lights for Garden
Unlike the above-mentioned analogs, these are pretty bright solar garden lights for decorative purposes, Solarmart offers solar lights in the form of lily that is hard to distinguish from real ones. There are two bunches of 4 flowers each. The flower petals are made of fabric which adds to realistic view. The LED have 7 changing colors, and they are bright enough to illuminate a pathway or fence. The lights come with an On\Off switch and recharge automatically (batteries are included). The construction is waterproof (IP44 class).
These decorations are bright enough to light a pathway, but they aren’t likely to resist bad weather.
- pretty bright for decorative lights;
- aesthetic design.
- fabric material of petals isn’t long-lasting.
Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light, Set of 6
It’s time to review solar garden lights for walkways. If you need to illuminate a driveway or path pay attention to the solution from Enchanted Spaces. These 6 solar lights are made of durable plastic and designed to last forever. They recharge automatically and have On/Off button, easy in installation, and can withstand rain, wind, and snow. They’re high enough to be installed near plants and catch the sunlight. The devices can work up to 8 hours if fully charged.
Very powerful and thought-through solar lights. A great solution, but be ready to buy at least 2-3 packages to light the entire walkway. It can be quite expensive.
- pretty bright lighting to illuminate walkways;
- 6 lights in the package – a cost-efficient solution.
- plastic stakes can be fragile.
AMIR 2 in 1 Solar Spotlights, Upgraded Solar Garden Lights Outdoor, Waterproof 4 LED Landscape Lighting
With 200 Lumens output, these are the brightest solar garden lights! AMIR offers a versatile option: the lights are very powerful and can be easily adjusted: the solar panels and lights are turned at 180° angle. Therefore, you can find a perfect spot for sun exposure and convenient lighting. There are two brightness modes (high and low), and two ways of installation – you can either push it into the ground or mount on the wall (screws are included). Recharging is automatic, you can use On/Off button. What else makes it the best solar lights for garden? The lights are equipped with 4 LED each and can work up to 8-10 hours when fully charged, and they change colors automatically.
These lights are suitable for lighting the entire garden/backyard, allow for different installation ways, and hold a charge for long. The only drawback is a high cost, but it’s truly justified.
- very powerful and durable;
- versatile construction and adjustability;
- reliable construction.
- relatively expensive;
- batteries required but not included.
TomCare Solar Lights Solar Torches Lights Waterproof Flickering Flames Torches Lights
If you need a two-in-one solution, both aesthetic and functional, the lights from TomCare should be considered in the first place. The model is made of waterproof materials and can be used during winter (it’s rain-, snow-, and frost-proof). The lights come with ground spikes and stakes and are easy in installation. The lights are equipped with Li-Ion rechargeable batteries and can last up to 10 hours during summer and 5 hours during winter. There’s no On/Off switch – the lights are activated automatically due to the sensor that turns the lights on after dusk and off after dawn.
A great set of lights for pathways and garden decoration – customers praise them for the light animation that truly reminds of flames. However, the power of 20 lumens isn’t enough to cover much space. You need several packages for your garden: those are far from being called cheap solar garden lights.
- Highly aesthetic lights with fire imitation;
- Rechargeable batteries are included;
- Charge lasts up to 10 hours.
- Relatively expensive, one package has 2 items only;
- The absence of On/Off button can cause inconvenience.
Cinoton Solar Light, Path Torches Dancing Flame Lighting
Another highly aesthetic solution is offered by Cinoton company. The dancing flames look highly realistic and add up gorgeousness to any garden. These garden solar lights are produced of durable waterproof plastic and can be used around the year. Luckily, the On/Off button is included, but the model is equipped with a sensor that turns the bulb on and off automatically. Charging requires about 8 hours, and the light lasts up to 10 hours during summer, and 5 hours during winter. If you don’t like the model, the manufacturer has 60-days money-back guarantee.
This model is authentic with the previous one: it has the same price, amount of lights, and characteristics. These solar lights are functional and beautiful, but you need several packages to light the entire pathway.
- Highly aesthetic and realistic;
- Can be used during winter.
- Not strong enough;
- Relatively expensive.
Voona 6-Pack Outdoor Solar Garden Lights
These are the best outdoor solar garden lights for installation near driveways and paths. Each light has AA Ni-Mh batteries that are more efficient than their analogs. Despite a low output of 6 lumens, the lights are quite powerful. They switch on automatically and remain for up to 8 hours. The model is very easy in assembly – no stakes are required. The devices are made of plastic and can withstand rain and snow.
If you need a set of cheap and not very strong lights, this kit may be the thing. Users often complain that a few items from the kit don’t work properly. Luckily, you can return the set and ask for a replacement.
- Easy in installation;
- Lightweight and weather-proof.
- Made of cheap plastic;
- There are no stakes, and the pike is quite short – the lights can be inconvenient in installation.
Conclusion & Our Recommendations
The choice of solar power garden lights depends on the purpose of use. If you need bright and durable lights to show you the way through the garden and boost security, choose AMIR 2 in 1 Solar Spotlights – the most powerful device on our list. Although it’s not cheap, it’s worth every cent.
The most cost-efficient solution are the packages from Voona and Maggift: you get one light for about $3, and two-three packages are enough to light the entire driveway. Such kits cost from $20 to $50. Compared to fire imitation lights that are worth about $35 for two devices only, 6-packs are way cheaper.
Those who want to decorate lawns and flower beds will like RIGHT ZEAL lights changing their color: they’re pretty bright, beautiful and durable. Lilies from Solarmart are aesthetic, too, but their fabric petals won’t stand frosty temperatures and severe winds, so they aren’t recommended for users living in states with stormy weather. One pack of decorative lights cost about $15-25, so buy them when you have extra bucks to spare.
Outdoor solar garden lights are the most economical way to make your backyard shine: you invest once and enjoy your enchanting garden for years!
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Still Having Problems With Your Wood Glue? Here Is The Ultimate Adhesive Guide FAQs From Selection To Application 2021
- 10 Best Rear Tine Tiller Compared And Reviewed 2021: Breaking New Ground Without A Hitch
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Outdoor Portable Hot Tub Ultimate Guide For The Best Winter Fun 2021: Everything You Need To Know In Selecting, Using And Maintenance
- How To Choose The Right Log Cabin For Any Garden? (2021)
- Upgrade Your Outdoor Space: Create A Master Plan For Your Future Patio Furniture 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- 12 Things You Need To Pay Attention To Before Buying Or Using A Chipper Shredder: The Ultimate Safety Tips And FAQs 2021
- Get To Know Your Leaf Blower: The Ultimate Guide To Keeping Your Lawn, Yard And Garden Clean 2021
- The 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders Reviewed And Compared: Guide On How To Choose Your Own Model 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Starting Your Own Greenhouse
- Want A Bouquet Sent To A Beloved One Even When Separated By Distance? The Ultimate Guide To International Flower Delivery 2021
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
✅ Bird Care
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
- Why You Must Properly Fledge Parrots: The Importance And Benefits Of Fledging Young Parrots 2021
- Common Abnormal Behaviour In Birds: How To Take Care Of Your Parrots?
✅ Decluttering Tips