What most people don’t realize is that some of the world’s most common plants, herbs, berries, and flowers have some powerful health and medicinal purposes when used on a daily basis.
Many of these purposes include: fever reduction, anti-fungal, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, detoxification, insect
repellent, antihistamine, expectorant, antiseptic, and antibacterial.
Below are a few of the world’s medical plants that can be located almost anywhere.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
Alfalfa has healthy compounds and nutrients, and very rich minerals. It is known to treat kidney pain, morning sickness, kidney stones, nausea, and urinary discomfort. It can also reduce cholesterol and it is a bowel and liver cleanser.
The roots and leaves of blackberry plants can be used to heal diarrhea and dysentery. They are also useful for healing inflammation and cuts in the mouth.
Also known as the Mexican butterfly weed, this flower produces a milky white substance that is toxic and can cause vomiting. If needed it could be used as an expectorant.
This magnificent plant has been known to be a very effective reliever of anxiety. This plant is very safe to be used on children who seem agitated; also tension and nervousness can be relieved by making the poppy into a tea. By stewing all the “safe” parts of this plant, will make a strong decoction that can be used to ease the pain.
Catnip can relieve the symptoms of colds and promotes sweating in order to break fevers. This minty plant can also ease stomach aches, migraines, and gas.
Hyssop or Korean Mint
Many types of mint have healing purposes. These mints can help to fight nausea, soothe headaches, reduce fatigue and nervousness, and calm the stomach. To receive the full benefits from this mint you can garnish food, eat whole, or make tea.
Known as one of the world’s ancient plants, there are numerous varieties of ferns, but the delicate and soft ferns are the ones used for easing a stinging pain. By mashing these ferns between palms, the juices that are released can be used to ease the pain from burns, stings, and minor cuts.
Marijuana was considered a hard drug and made illegal in 1970. Since it is not a “gateway” drug, it is not addictive. Its purposes for health can include glaucoma treatment, anxiety relief, depression, and blood pressure reduction.
Sage was used as a meat preservative before the use of refrigeration. Sage can aid in fighting colds, digestion, relieving cramps and diarrhea.
Tansy is known as an old-time remedy it was cultivated by the ancient Greeks for medical purposes, by rubbing the leaves on your skin it can act as a powerful insect repellent. Also used for flavoring stews and beer. Tansy contains a poison called thujone with makes it unsafe when however it has been used in the past to help treat worms.
Only the flowers and roots of these plants are edible to help treat gastrointestinal infection, fatigue, debility, venereal disease, and respiratory infection. Quinine is able to treat almost any ailment.
For minor medicinal issues, it is said that some of these plants, berries, herbs, or flowers may be able to help. However, remain cautious and do your due diligence by first making sure that you actually do identify the correct plant to be the true one and not a look-alike, many wild plants can look surprisingly similar.
Overall bear in mind natural products are not always safe also dosage might cause problems. Be especially careful if you are pregnant or breast feeding, you might want to stay on the safe side and avoid talking anything other than what is recommended by your doctor.
My advice is to always take a safe route and talk to an expert, an herbalist who has a good reputation, and of course we are talking minor problems here, so if you have a serious ailment don’t experiment please see your doctor.
Disclaimer: I am not a medical person and the information I have gathered here is for interest purposes only and no claim is made that these can heal you of any ailment.
You can locate more information online or books in your local library.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Where Do You Put Your Coffee On A Garden Bench? The Solution To Quality Self-Time
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2021: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
- Best Grill Covers 2021: Keep Your Grill Clean And Weather-Protected
- 10 Best Portable Hot Tub Reviewed 2021: Enjoy Inflatable SPA Procedures Right At Home
✅ Home Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
✅ Garden Care Products
- How To Use Weed killers – The Essential Guide For Beginners 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Garden Tiller 2021: Selection And Safety Tips For Easy Seeding And Soil Cultivating
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- 4 Methods of Domestic Waste Disposal
- 15 Facts You Need To Know About Outdoor Solar Lights for Your Garden: The Essential Guide 2021
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
✅ Plant Care And Products
- How to Create a Greener Garden Space
- The Medicinal Periwinkle Or Dwarf Periwinkle 2021 | Facts, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Everything You Need To Know About Viper’s Bugloss/Echium Vulgare 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Bird Care
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips