A drought is a certain period of time that consists of abnormally dry weather that can cause serious problems. Droughts can be deadly because of the lack of precipitation impacts agricultural. Droughts are getting worse in USA.
Drought Of 2012
The Drought of 2012 is the worst drought the United States has experienced since 1956. A drought doesn’t mean a hot and dry summer, agricultural and livestock are being affected directly. Crops are dying quickly especially corn, which means you can expect corn prices to rise.
Farmers have started selling their livestock earlier this summer and more of them. With the crops dying and lack of water, ranchers and farmers are having extreme difficulty feeding their livestock. Ranchers are spending lots of time and money bringing in water to keep their animals alive.
As a result of the drought more livestock are being slaughtered than ever and in return with the overabundance of meat, meat prices will decrease. Before you jump for joy that meat prices are falling, keep in mind without livestock farmers and ranchers are out of a job and a lifestyle.
While the United States a whole is suffering from the drought there are particular areas in desperate need of rain. States like Georgia in the Southeast, Arkansas in the South, Kentucky in the Midwest, and Colorado and Kansas in the High Plains are experiencing extremely dangerous drought.
Thankfully typically heavy affected drought states like Texas have been getting more rain than normal but still are in serious condition.
Weather forecasts predict that it will only get worse this summer. All we can do is hope for precipitation and do our best to help. You can help by watching your water usage. Here are some tips to help:
· Turn off water while brushing teeth.
· Cut back on watering your lawn.
· Don’t take baths.
· Take shorter showers.
· Condense your laundry sizes and loads into less.
· Avoid washing your car.
· Do not fertilize your lawn.
For more information on how you can help in your area, contact your local city office.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- The Medicinal Periwinkle Or Dwarf Periwinkle 2021 | Facts, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- 11 World’s Most Amazing Medicinal Plants & Healing Herbs In Nature For Plant Lovers 2021
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- How To Get The Perfect Mosquito Trap? Everything You Need To Know: Types, Designs, Safety FAQs 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- 4 New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash: Get Crafty To Recycle And Reduce Waste 2021
✅ Even More Great Products
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2021
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- Best Amazon Black Friday Deals And Gifts For Outdoor Gardening Enthusiasts 2021: Score These Deals While They Last!
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips