Love spending time outside in your patio? This is a great idea during summer, but spring and autumn cold make it almost impossible – instead of enjoying fresh air, you shiver with cold and decide to stay locked in your house. How to make your patio a more desirable place during cold weather? It’s possible thanks to a patio heater. If you need recommendations for choosing the best patio heaters, this ultimate guide is for you!
Compare The Best Patio Heaters
This table will help you to figure out the best variant for your patio.
|Item/Characteristics||Type of construction||Heat output||Heat source||Dimensions||Materials||Fuel tank capacity||Weight|
|Fire Sense Patio Heater||Floor||46,000 BTU||Propane||18 x 33 x 89 inches||Steel||20 lb||43 pounds|
|AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater||Floor||46,000 BTU||Propane||33 x 18 x 89 inches||Thin steel||14 lb||40 pounds|
|Golden Flame Patio Heater with Wheels||Floor||46,000 BTU||Propane||20 x 33 x 89 inches||Bronze, steel||20 lb||45.5 pounds|
|AZ Patio Heaters Patio Heater, Quartz Glass Tube||Floor||40,000 BTU||Propane||21.5 x 21 x 38.5 inches||Thin steel||20 lb||65.2 pounds|
|Belleze Premium Outdoor Patio Heater with Wheel||Floor||48,000 BTU||Propane||32 x 32 x 86.5 inches||Steel||20 lb||41 pounds|
|Thermo Tiki Outdoor Propane Patio Heater||Floor||45,000 BTU||Propane||54 x 34.5 x 8 inches||Steel||20 lb||58 pounds|
|Mr. Heater, Corporation, Degree Tank Top||Floor||45,000 BTU||Propane||10.4 x 10.4 x 17.5 inches||Metal + plastic||20 lb||5.5 pounds|
|XtremepowerUS Premium Floor Standing Propane Outdoor Patio||Floor||48,000 BTU||Propane||29.1 x 18.1 x 18.1 inches||Steel||20 lb||20 pounds|
|Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater||Wall-mounted||5,120 BTU||Electricity||26.5 x 5.2 x 14.2 inches||Metal||–||6.35 pounds|
|Outland Living Series Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table||Floor (table)||35,000 BTU||Propane||44 x 32 x 23 inches||Alimunim + High Density Polyethylene + steel parts||20 lb||96 pounds|
How Did We Choose And Test Patio Heaters?
In order to choose the worthiest models, we analyzed:
- heating area;
- type of construction and fuel;
- cost efficiency;
- durability and warranty;
- ease of use.
To pick up a few models for testing, we read patio heaters reviews – that helped us to understand the advantages and drawbacks of every device. After that, we installed models on a patio and evaluated their heating capacity and convenience.
Top-10 Patio Heaters
These reviews will provide you with detailed insight into models’ characteristics to make an informed decision and buy the model you like.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 Fire Sense Patio Heater
- 2 AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater
- 3 Golden Flame Patio Heater with Wheels
- 4 AZ Patio Heaters Patio Heater, Quartz Glass Tube
- 5 Belleze Premium Outdoor Patio Heater with Wheel
- 6 Thermo Tiki Outdoor Propane Patio Heater
- 7 Mr. Heater, Corporation, Degree Tank Top Heater
- 8 XtremepowerUS Premium Floor Standing Propane Outdoor Patio
- 9 Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater
- 10 Outland Living Series Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
Fire Sense Patio Heater
Efficient, compact, reliable – all these words describe the model from FireSense. Their propane patio heater has an outstanding 46,000 BTU’s heating capacity and features a Piezo ignition system. Wheels allow for easy transportation while the steel construction makes it durable and long-lasting. The device comes with an assembly manual – it is quite easy to follow. Judging by feedbacks, it’s okay to use the heater in patios with screened windows.
Generally, this is one of the best patio propane heaters from a price/quality point. Out only advice is to be careful when you unpack individual parts – do not damage them.
- optimal price;
- fuel tank capacity ensures 10 hours of flawless work;
- the heater is available in different colors.
- starts rusting quickly;
- can be easily knocked over by the average wind.
AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater
This is another propane heater that has a high heating capacity (46,000 BTU). AmazonBasics offers one of the best commercial patio heaters in terms of price and quality. Users love its sturdy construction and ease of use. The unit will look great both in a residential patio and in restaurants. There’s a 2-year Amazon’s warranty, as well.
This is a worthy model for those who live in a dry climate. The metal construction doesn’t seem to be much resistant to rust, so avoid placing it during humid weather. Lowering the pole makes a great difference – it heats better.
- optimal price;
- many colors are available;
- high heating capacity.
- the metal is thin.
Golden Flame Patio Heater with Wheels
Being above top rated outdoor patio heaters, the model from Golden Flame doesn’t seem to be different from the above-mentioned counterparts, but it seems to be sturdier. Its heating capacity is also 46,000 BTU. There is a base that can be filled with sand, and supported tank capacity is 20 lbs, which means it can work for at least 10 hours.
This model seems to be a bit overpriced: you get the same heating capacity for twice as much as similar heaters.
- long-lasting, reliable;
- stable during windy weather;
- high heating capacity.
- too expensive.
AZ Patio Heaters Patio Heater, Quartz Glass Tube
Want something that looks pretty and fits your garden design? Consider AZ patio heaters gs-f-pc propane fire pit, antique bronze finish – one of the most stylish heaters on the market. It works with 20 lb propane tanks and has a very sturdy construction: heaters stay on their place during windy weather. It features an electronic igniter and temperature control.
This model may be not enough to heat the entire patio and, most probably, you will need several items. It makes the purchase very costly.
- stylish and fits gardens well;
- accommodates a large 20 lbs fuel tank.
- too expensive – the heating capacity doesn’t justify the price;
- the reflector is too small, and heat dissipates quickly.
Belleze Premium Outdoor Patio Heater with Wheel
This model is definitely among best price patio heaters: for an average cost you get the whole gamut of essential options (heat control, auto shut-off, etc) and a well-thought construction. Belleze Premium is equipped with wheels for better portability, and there’s a weight bladder for better stability. Another outstanding feature is a high heating capacity: 48,000 BTU is more than enough for heating up to 175 square feet.
This heater is a must for large and medium-sized patios. For a low price, you can enjoy high efficiency and exceptional quality.
- very high heating capacity;
- auto turn-off;
- reliable materials;
- great price.
- the starter breaks quickly.
Thermo Tiki Outdoor Propane Patio Heater
Like AZ patio heaters, the models from Thermo Tiki look very stylish and sturdy: it will look good in restaurants, homes, pool parties, weddings, etc. This heater is quite heavy so it won’t be kicked off by the wind. Although its construction looks complicated, it’s not hard to assemble. It accommodates a usual 20 lb fuel tank and reaches the maximum heat output of 42,000-45,000 BTUs. A full propane tank can make it work for 10 hours.
This heater is a bit cheaper than its counterpart from AZ, but it has pretty great characteristics. Most probably, you’ll need several of them.
- solid and sturdy construction;
- high heating capacity;
- easy to assemble.
- a bit more expensive than usual pole-based propane patio heaters.
Mr. Heater, Corporation, Degree Tank Top Heater
One of the best rated outdoor patio heaters, the portable model from Mr. Heater will be perfect for both home use and camping. The construction is very lightweight, but you can easily take a 20 lb fuel tank with you and enjoy heat during up to 20 hours! The heater is safe for use indoors, so it is also recommended to be used during construction works. Although it is small, it can reach up to 45,000 BTU heating power and heat rooms 600 sq ft and more. To top it off, there’s a shut-off switch, so you shouldn’t be afraid of fires.
A great product for its price! It should be bought if you want a portable heater.
- great heating capacity;
- compact construction;
- excellent price/quality ratio.
- no reflector included, so heat easily dissipates.
XtremepowerUS Premium Floor Standing Propane Outdoor Patio
One of the best rated patio heaters, the solution from XtremepowerUS doesn’t seem to be something out-of-the-box, but it provides decent quality for an exceptional price. It has an outstanding heating coverage – up to 48,000 BTU. That’s enough for people to stay warm on a 200 sq ft patio. Reliable Piezo igniter makes it easy to start the device. Assembly is a no-brainer, and wheels make it mobile. One 20 lb fuel tank is enough for the heater to work for 10 hours. Add to that automatic shut-off and weight bladder, and you get an ideal device for a reasonable price.
Judging by reviews, relatively low price of this heater is totally justified by its great characteristics and reliability.
- efficient and reliable;
- optimal price;
- great heating capacity.
- the device is easily knocked by the wind.
Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater
If you want something non-expensive like home depot patio heaters, consider Comfort Zone quartz wall-mounted heater. This is an electric device, and it doesn’t require maintenance: once you install it on the wall, it’s ready to run. There’s no need to buy fuel or clean it. It is efficient? This heater is enough to warm up a small patio or a garage. It has two heat settings: 750 and 1500 Wt. You can switch the light on and off. The unit can be tilted to control the direction of heat waves.
That’s a non-expensive model, and you get what you pay for. The heater is convenient in use, but it’s weak, and the set of functions is highly limited.
- no fuel required;
- not strong enough to warm up a large patio.
Outland Living Series Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
Such models as Mr Heater patio heaters aren’t stylish enough for you? Want something extraordinary? Then the heater from Outland Living is exactly what you need. In fact, it’s 2-in-1: heater and table. The fuel tank is hidden inside, and flames go outside right through the Arctic Ice decorative glass rock set creating an astonishing atmosphere in your patio. The model has 35,000 BTU heat capacity and is totally smoke-free.
If you are ready to pay for something extraordinary, feel free to order this model. But note that its technical characteristics are inferior to what usual heaters offer.
- elegant design;
- 2-in-1 model – table and heater.
- low heating capacity;
- clear glass and fence are sold separately;
Conclusion & Our Recommendations
An outdoor patio heater is the best way to add up to your living space. This device is simply irreplaceable during cool climate and can be used all year round for you to enjoy warm time spent with your friends and family.
Which patio heater to choose? Those who have money to spare should opt for AZ Patio Heaters gs-f-pc propane fire pit: it looks good and functions properly having the whole range of required settings. Besides, it features sturdy construction and won’t be knocked down by the wind.
As for cheaper variants, all decent models with an average heating capacity of 40,000 BTU cost around $120. If you want maximum quality for this money, consider either XtremepowerUS Premium Floor Standing Propane Outdoor Patio or AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater. These models have the best cost/quality ratio. According to user reviews, they are long-lasting and efficient enough.
If none of the above-mentioned variants seems to satisfy you, search for alternatives in supermarkets and home depots near you. For example, if you are looking for more wall-mounted and portable patio heaters Lowes offers a myriad of great models.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
- 10 Best Rear Tine Tiller Compared And Reviewed 2021: Breaking New Ground Without A Hitch
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Outdoor Portable Hot Tub Ultimate Guide For The Best Winter Fun 2021: Everything You Need To Know In Selecting, Using And Maintenance
- 10 Best Portable Hot Tub Reviewed 2021: Enjoy Inflatable SPA Procedures Right At Home
- The Power Of Sun For Your Garden: The Best Solar Garden Light Models Reviewed and Compared 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- 9 Best Traveling Sprinkler Reviewed And Compared 2021: The Secret Of A Perfect Lawn
- How To Get Rid Of Ant Infestations: The Guide On Using Ant Killers 2021
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
- 10 Ways to Conserve Water
✅ Plant Care And Products
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- Want A Bouquet Sent To A Beloved One Even When Separated By Distance? The Ultimate Guide To International Flower Delivery 2021
- The Medicinal Periwinkle Or Dwarf Periwinkle 2021 | Facts, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Bird Care
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
- Why You Must Properly Fledge Parrots: The Importance And Benefits Of Fledging Young Parrots 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips