In today’s day and age, electricity is definitely not cheap. Given the rising costs of this much-needed utility, it is no wonder people everywhere have started turning to wind power as a renewable, alternative energy source.
If you have ever thought about using wind power at your home but weren’t sure how, you will be glad to know it is not as difficult as you may think.
The following tips will teach you how to create a simple wind turbine that is capable of producing power for your home.
Pick A Location
Before you build your wind turbine, you should decide where it will be located on your property. To allow the turbine to catch the most wind and subsequently make the most power, you need to pick an open, unobstructed location such as an open field or large, open yard.
Avoid placing your turbine on a rooftop, because the wind strength will not be as strong. Also avoid placing your turbine near any other large structure, as this has the potential to block the wind or lower its strength.
You want the blades on your turbine to turn as much as possible, as this will create the most power. Once you have chosen a location for your wind turbine, you can gather the materials needed to build it.
>>> Read Next >>>
Gather Your Materials
The next step in making your own wind power is gathering the materials you will need to build your wind turbine. The first thing you will need is a generator, otherwise known as an electric motor. The motor should have a minimum output of 30 volts and 300 RPMs.
This will allow the turbine to run steadily, even if the wind speeds are low. You will also need a set of blades for your turbine. You can either purchase pre-made windmill blades or make some yourself. There are many step-by-step instructions available online that will tell you exactly how to make your own blades.
You will also need some sort of electric-flow control system that will regulate the power that your turbine creates. Again, you can purchase one of these control systems or make one personally if you are experienced with electronics. The control system will need to be connected to a battery, which will store the power and distribute it accordingly.
While these are the main components of your wind turbine, you will also need some other materials. You will need a tall, strong pole that will act as the tower for your turbine. Make sure the pole is long enough so wind currents can adequately reach the turbine.
A strong, stable base is also a good idea for your tower. Lastly, you will need a mounting mechanism to attach the components to the tower. Make sure you also have a wide variety of tools, nuts, and bolts on hand as well, as this will make the construction process much easier. After you have gathered all of your materials, you can begin constructing your wind turbine.
>>> Read Next >>>
Build Your Turbine
Now it is time to build your turbine. First you will want to attach the generator, blades, control system, and battery to the mount that will be connected to the tower of the turbine. There are many wind turbine guides available online that illustrate the whole construction process, making it easier to understand.
Once the components have been mounted to the tower, you will need to assemble your base. Make sure the base is strong enough to support both the tower and wind turbine. Once you have assembled all the components to your wind turbine, you can place the tower in the base.
Make sure your blades and generator are facing in the direction of the strongest wind currents so you always get the best air flow and most power. Once your wind turbine is complete, you are ready to start saving on your monthly electricity bill.
These tips will help you make your own wind power. Once you see how much money you can save and how simple the whole process really is, you will be so glad you took the time to build your very own wind turbine.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Buyer’s Guide On Efficient Pond Vacuum For Outdoor And Indoor Water 2021
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
- How to Choose Potting Soil? Beginner’s Guide To Planting Basics 2021
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- Why Buying A Home Could Make All The Difference
- How To Get The Perfect Mosquito Trap? Everything You Need To Know: Types, Designs, Safety FAQs 2021
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
✅ Even More Great Products
- How To Use Patio Heaters? Tips On Safety, Functions And Purchase Of Outdoor Heating 2021
- Still Having Problems With Your Wood Glue? Here Is The Ultimate Adhesive Guide FAQs From Selection To Application 2021
- Sun Joe TJ600E Electric Tiller Review (2021)
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips