One of the latest concepts in gardening which has developed is organic gardening. Organic gardening tries to nurture and develop gardens without using any sort of chemicals or pesticides on plants.
Mostly, these chemicals are used to kill the bugs which try to eat the fruits or hamper plant growth. Organic gardening tries to achieve the same purpose without the use of these chemicals. Nowadays, the concept of container gardening has also become increasingly popular. People have lesser and lesser free space to develop their own gardens.
So, they now undertake gardening by raising small plants in standard, daily used containers. As this concept of container gardening increases in its popularity, people might consider organic ways of gardening rather than the use of chemicals. This is because using chemicals has several disadvantages.
One of the most important things is that the chemicals and pesticides used in regular practices are aimed at killing the bugs. Now, some portion of it does get absorbed into the plants as well. So, they would also form a part of our palate. Hence, spraying these chemicals means that we will also be eating some portion of them.
Also, as these chemicals get absorbed in the earth, they affect the equilibrium of the ecosystem in that place and thus affect the environment as a whole. One of the most important focus areas of organic gardening is that, it is as important to nourish the soil as to nourish the plants. This is because when the soil has a proper balance of all the nutrients, then the plant will also get these nutrients.
Organic gardeners believe that the best way to nourish the soil is to follow natural methods rather than use chemicals and other artificial means. However, organic gardening does not simply aim at avoiding the use of chemicals and pesticides. It is more of a fine art wherein each area of the cultivation process is deeply studied, right from crop growing to crop rotation.
For example, digging is considered to be one of the basics of everyday gardening. However, organic gardening promotes the concept of ‘no dig’ gardening. Now, the purpose of digging is to avoid the growth of weeds, to aerate the soil and also to let all the nutrients mix together to balance the soil’s ecosystem. Organic gardening says that digging is not good for the soil. This is because even though digging might kill the weeds in the short term, the rotation of the soil might bring up new seeds which were lying inside, and hence it would become a cycle and lead to more weeds and problems in the future.
Thus, organic gardening says that we first need to understand the reason why weeds exist. Weeds are meant to prevent erosion of the soil by binding it together. Now, if we can achieve the same purpose, then weeds will not grow. So, as per the organics, one can simply use mulch which will not only bind the soil but also avoid the need of using chemicals to remove weeds. Hence, as can be seen, no digging is required to remove the weeds. And, the soil also gets aerated as the worms pull the mulch into the soil and this movement of pulling provides the necessary ventilation.
Also, as mulch consists of natural wastes, it balances the soil as well. In this way, all purposes of digging are achieved and it has been observed that gardens developed in this manner are generally better ecosystems as a whole. However, the no-dig process is very time-consuming in nature. It needs to be planned very carefully and also requires a regular and correct mix of mulch.
But it reduces the usage of chemicals and pesticides and does not harm the soil. In conclusion, organic gardening not only emphasizes the non-usage of pesticides and chemicals, but it also aims at re-balancing and cultivating the soil and thus results in healthier and fresher plants.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Best 10 Herbicide Of 2021 For Maintaining A Clean & Healthy Yard Reviewed
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2021: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Protection From Outdoor Weather: The Buying Guide On Grill Cover and Grill Maintenance 2021
- Care & Maintenance Of Garden Furniture In A Snap 2021: Keeping Your Outdoor Space Good As New
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2021: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
✅ Garden Care Products
- Beginner’s Guide To Mastering Garden Shears 2021: Tips On Safety, Selection, Maintenance And More
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- How to Get the Best Results While Using a Roach Killer? All You Need To Know in Getting Rid Of Bugs FAQs 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Grow Your Own Food and Reduce Your Impact on the Environment
- How to Create a Greener Garden Space
- Drought Tips
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Everything You Need To Know About Viper’s Bugloss/Echium Vulgare 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Calling Everyone With A Small To Tiny Garden
- Drought Tips
✅ Bird Care
- Tips For Choosing A High-Quality Birdcage 2021: Make Your Birds Comfortable At Home
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips