One of the latest concepts in gardening which has developed is organic gardening. Organic gardening tries to nurture and develop gardens without using any sort of chemicals or pesticides on plants.
Mostly, these chemicals are used to kill the bugs which try to eat the fruits or hamper plant growth. Organic gardening tries to achieve the same purpose without the use of these chemicals. Nowadays, the concept of container gardening has also become increasingly popular. People have lesser and lesser free space to develop their own gardens.
So, they now undertake gardening by raising small plants in standard, daily used containers. As this concept of container gardening increases in its popularity, people might consider organic ways of gardening rather than the use of chemicals. This is because using chemicals has several disadvantages.
One of the most important things is that the chemicals and pesticides used in regular practices are aimed at killing the bugs. Now, some portion of it does get absorbed into the plants as well. So, they would also form a part of our palate. Hence, spraying these chemicals means that we will also be eating some portion of them.
Also, as these chemicals get absorbed in the earth, they affect the equilibrium of the ecosystem in that place and thus affect the environment as a whole. One of the most important focus areas of organic gardening is that, it is as important to nourish the soil as to nourish the plants.
This is because when the soil has a proper balance of all the nutrients, then the plant will also get these nutrients.
Organic gardeners believe that the best way to nourish the soil is to follow natural methods rather than use chemicals and other artificial means. However, organic gardening does not simply aim at avoiding the use of chemicals and pesticides.
It is more of a fine art wherein each area of the cultivation process is deeply studied, right from crop growing to crop rotation.
For example, digging is considered to be one of the basics of everyday gardening. However, organic gardening promotes the concept of ‘no dig’ gardening. Now, the purpose of digging is to avoid the growth of weeds, to aerate the soil and also to let all the nutrients mix together to balance the soil’s ecosystem.
Organic gardening says that digging is not good for the soil. This is because even though digging might kill the weeds in the short term, the rotation of the soil might bring up new seeds which were lying inside, and hence it would become a cycle and lead to more weeds and problems in the future.
Thus, organic gardening says that we first need to understand the reason why weeds exist. Weeds are meant to prevent erosion of the soil by binding it together. Now, if we can achieve the same purpose, then weeds will not grow.
So, as per the organics, one can simply use mulch which will not only bind the soil but also avoid the need of using chemicals to remove weeds. Hence, as can be seen, no digging is required to remove the weeds. And, the soil also gets aerated as the worms pull the mulch into the soil and this movement of pulling provides the necessary ventilation.
Also, as mulch consists of natural wastes, it balances the soil as well. In this way, all purposes of digging are achieved and it has been observed that gardens developed in this manner are generally better ecosystems as a whole.
However, the no-dig process is very time-consuming in nature. It needs to be planned very carefully and also requires a regular and correct mix of mulch.
But it reduces the usage of chemicals and pesticides and does not harm the soil. In conclusion, organic gardening not only emphasizes the non-usage of pesticides and chemicals, but it also aims at re-balancing and cultivating the soil and thus results in healthier and fresher plants.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- 10 Best Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Detailed Review 2021: Find Your Indoor Protector Here
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- Want A Bouquet Sent To A Beloved One Even When Separated By Distance? The Ultimate Guide To International Flower Delivery 2021
- Starting Your Own Greenhouse: Grow Beautiful Vegetables At Home The Eco Way 2021
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- The Best Bed Bug Killer Spray 2021– Permanently And Quickly Get Rid Of Pest
- How To Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
✅ Even More Great Products
- Sun Joe TJ601E Electric Garden Tiller Review (2021)
- 20 Outdoor Furniture Ideas To Make You Happy In The Garden 2021
- The 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders Reviewed And Compared: Guide On How To Choose Your Own Model 2021
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips