How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs At Home With Bed Bug Killer 2022: Fast And Permanent Solutions
What Is A Bed Bug Killer?
This is a chemical or a natural product used to control the population of bed bugs and exterminate them. The vast majority of products kill bugs from the inside: the chemicals poison them, or start swelling and tear their inner organs. Some bug killers, however, get onto the exoskeleton and act in a different way.
✅ Best HARRIS Black Label Bed Bug Killer
Thank you for this product! Bed Bug Free!! – This worked very well, very quickly, thoroughly. Not an unpleasant smell. Sprayed all seams, folds, edges of mattress, sprayed cracks and crevices, legs, around the bed.
What Are The Different Types Of Bed Bug Killer?
There are several types of products:
- Gel killer for bed bugs is applied on furniture and is supposed to be eaten by bugs. Not the best option, if you have pets, but can be effective for suppressing even serious infestations.
- Killer spray for bed bugs is typically applied on mattresses and serves mostly to repel bugs by their smell. Some sprays also kill the eggs and nymphs.
- A natural killer for bed bugs doesn’t contain harmful chemicals which makes it a perfect variant for families with kids and pets, as well as people with allergic reactions. Such remedies are based on vinegar, boric acid, or diatomaceous earth.
It’s hard to say for sure which type is the best bug killer for bed bugs – in some cases, natural products are enough to get rid of pests, in others, only chemicals can work. The choice depends on the degree of safety and the level of infestation, as well as zones infested.
Facts about bed bugs
- Bed bugs are usually transmitted in luggage, personal stuff, clothes, and people, so they “travel from house to house only with the help of humans.
- Typically, bed bugs leave their shelters during nighttime in search of nutrition – blood is the only thing they consume. If they’re very hungry, they can bite you during the daytime.
- Together with bites, the main signs of bed bug infestation are red and brown poop (small dots on mattresses and furniture)and the spells they cast.
- Bed bugs bite all people – those who take showers and those who neglect hygiene – it doesn’t play any role for them. The same applies to the quality and age of the house.
- Even if you use the number one killer for bed bugs, it’s not enough to abolish them totally – you need to machine-wash bed sheets at a high temperature.
How to Use Bed Bug Killers?
- Make Sure You Deal With Bed Bugs
Before starting the war against pests, you need to identify the “enemy�? and make sure it’s the bed bug. The first sign of infestation noticed by people is biting. Bug beds crawl out of their shelters during nighttime in search of food – human’s blood. The bites are small and red, they tend to itch. The second sign is poop that can be found in the places where the bugs hide (under mattresses, in crevices, behind furniture, in the piles of clothes, and so on). Additionally, you can see cast skins that can be left near their nests – bugs shed them after every life stage. Another noticeable sign is a musty odor emitted by the creatures.
- Find a Suitable Product
Make sure that you buy a suitable product. If you use such expensive spray like Bayer advanced carpenter ant and termite killer for bed bugs, it may simply not work. Buy exactly bed bug killers to get the desired results.
Pro tip: most organic insecticides only repel bugs by their smell but don’t kill them, so you can boost their efficiency by using them in combination with diatomaceous earth that dehydrates parasites and kills them this way.
- Keep Bed Linens Clean
Before spraying and applying bed bug killers, you need to put off bed clothing and machine-wash it at high temperature. Dry it in the highest temperature to kill the critters that might have left on the sheets.
- Apply The Remedy Correctly
A lot of users get disappointed in bug killers and claim the products are helpless without realizing that they might have used the spray in a wrong way. Make sure that you do everything right!
Spray the bug killer over the bed including crevices and all discreet places where bed bugs can hide. The same applies to furniture: apply the spray in all dark corners and hidden spots – this is where the pests love hiding most.
Don’t forget to use the spray all over the room: on curtains, carpets, pet’s bedding, wardrobe. The critters usually seek shelter on warm and dark corners near the source of food – humans.
As soon as you apply the killer spray for bed bugs, leave it to dry out, and put new bed clothing only when the mattress gets dry. When the bed and the space around it are sprayed, apply the insecticide on other zones in the room where the bugs can hide: on curtains, in furniture, in pet’s bedding, soft toys, etc. Treatment should be repeated every several days or a couple of weeks to ensure total extermination.
- Store Bug Killers in a Discreet Place
Make sure that kids and pets won’t access the bed bug remedies – most of them can be harmful. Ideally, it should be a dark dry discreet space in your bathroom or garage. Don’t use expired products – they can affect your health.
Steps for do-it-yourself bed bug control
In order to kills bugs, you don’t have to call the service center: use DIY remedies. For example:
- Take 1 liter of water, add a few drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil. Mix everything well and pour in a bottle with a sprinkler. Apply it around the house, pay particular attention to mattresses and discreet places where bugs can hide.
- Use remedies that dry bugs up. For example, Diatomaceous earth, baking soda, powder silica gel. Spread the powder in the places where bugs usually hide. Do not inhale it. Such remedies should be used in houses without small kids and pets – the powder can damage lungs when breathed.
- Make an effective killer for bed bugs: Mix up cayenne pepper (1 teaspoon), grated ginger (1 teaspoon), oregano essential oil (1 teaspoon), and 1 cup of water. Boil it all for 7 minutes and pour in a bottle with a sprinkler. Apply around the house and use the remedy for several days until the problem is gone.
- Alternatively, you can spread peppermint leaves around the house – they will repel bugs.
Don’t forget about vacuum-cleaning the house regularly to get rid of bed bugs’ bodies and eggs. It’s crucial for stopping the infestation.
- Steam-washing bed sheets and curtains are important. Wash the bed clothing in very hot water for at least an hour – it will kill the bugs that might have stayed on the bedsheets.
- Aside from hot water, cold air can be of help, too. Some people recommend leaving bed clothing on cold (temperature below 0° C) for about 4 days. It may kill bugs, too.
What Scent Keeps Bed Bugs Away?
Bed bugs hate the fragrant essential oils, such as cinnamon, peppermint, lavender, thyme, tea tree, lemongrass, and eucalyptus oil.
How To Prepare To Use A Bed Bug Spray?
You will need cayenne pepper, grated ginger, oregano essential oil (1 teaspoon of each ingredient), and one cup of water. Mix the ingredients together and boil for 7 minutes. Pour the solution into a bottle and spray it around the rooms infested by bugs, especially in the corners where they like to hide: mattresses, bed frames, etc. The spray should be used for as long as the infestation lasts.
What Kills Bed Bugs? Which Home Remedies Can Be Used?
Bed bugs can be exterminated with a natural killer for bed bugs, such as diatomaceous earth, baking soda, black walnut tea, and peppermint leaves. Don’t forget to wash bed linens in very hot water and perform vacuum cleaning regularly.
How Do You Get Rid Of Bed Bugs Permanently?
You need to clean all places where bugs come from. The entire population should be killed to make sure that they won’t reinfest your house. To avoid reoccurrence of infestations, repel the bugs using essential oils and check the bed linens and bed frame regularly.
What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your House?
As a rule, repellents are not enough – you need a fully-fledged approach. It means the bugs should be exterminated with special remedies and repelled with essential oils and herbs. The house should be vacuum cleaned regularly, and steam cleaning is highly recommended. Wash bed linens in very hot water and don’t forget to dry them, as well. Check all corners where bugs can hide and leave them no chance.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Chipper Shredder Reviews 2022 – Best Electric Yard Machines For Composting
- Where Do You Put Your Coffee On A Garden Bench? The Solution To Quality Self-Time
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2022
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Free Customisable 3-Page Garden Planner Printable For Full Bloom All Year Round – The One Key To Garden Success 2022
- How To Create A Greener Garden Space: Ultimate Guide To Making Your Loved Outdoor Space Eco-Friendly 2022
- Everything You Need To Know Of The Common Heliotrope 2022 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- How To Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2022
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2022
- Beginner’s Guide to Indoor Grow Box Before Purchase: Sustainable Cultivation Secrets at Home or in Office FAQs 2022
✅ Even More Great Products
- Choosing And Comparing The Best Garden Hose Reels: Top-10 Solutions You Can Purchase Online 2022
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2022: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
- The Ultimate Guide On Fertilizer Spreader: For All Lawn Care Purposes FAQs 2022
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips