What is a Grill Cover and Why do You Need It?
Most people store their grills outdoors when they don’t use them. Irrespective of how tough the oven is, it is exposed to rain, wind, snow, and dirt when it is stored uncovered. An outdoor grill cover is a wrapper or a hood made of strong fabric or synthetic material that protects it from dirt, dust, sunlight, snow, and so on. Waterproof options protect from moisture and rain. In our review, we are going to tell about the best grill cover brands of 2018.
✅ Best BBQ Grill Cover
Good grill cover – This is a solid grill cover with nice inside lining to make it sturdier. The cover comes in a nice pouch, and upon opening, fits over standard grills as shown in the description. The Velcro helps keep things in place. While there are tougher materials available from other grill covers, for this price point, this is a very good option. Have had no issues with the cover from doing its task.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Grill Cover?
To increase the lifespan of an appliance you need to store it correctly. Though a gas grill cover can seem an unimportant accessory, in fact, it performs a range of functions. Even the simplest option has several benefits.
- Protection from UV-Rays and Sun
There are a lot of things that can influence the condition of a unit that is stored outdoors. Sunlight is one of them. UV-rays and direct sunshine have a negative impact on the metal grates lifetime. A cover will provide a reliable protection of any BBQ unit.
- Protection from Rain and Thunderstorms
Metal barbeques are prone to rusting if they are exposed to water. Severe thunderstorms and rains are natural killers of any metal accessories. Use a heavy-duty grill cover if you live in a region where it rains frequently. Make sure it is waterproof or water-repelling.
- Mold, Mildew & Other Harmful Elements Protection
Even if you carefully clean grates and surfaces of the oven after every use, it is not super clean. Like anything that is stored outdoors, it is prone to bacteria growth and mildew. A universal grill cover prevents mildewing and molding. This is crucial when it comes to an appliance that is used for cooking food.
How To Choose The Best Grill Cover?
There are several important things to consider when choosing a grill cover. At first sight, many models can seem very similar to each other; however, there are some evident distinctions. To pick out the option that meets your needs best, check the following basic characteristics.
- Shape and Size
The first thing to consider is the size. Make sure that the cover is not too small; otherwise, it can be easily torn by sharp edges. An extra-large grill cover will be too loose and can be easily torn away by the wind. The shape also matters: grills can be round, square, rectangular, or elliptic – try to choose the cover that perfectly fits the model used. A clever approach is to buy a cover from the manufacturer of the grill itself.
- Durability and Quality
It goes without saying that an outdoor cover must be made of high-quality materials. It is supposed to be stored outdoors, so it must protect from the sun, wind, and rain. Popular materials are canvas, strong fabric, polyester, and vinyl (the latter is considered the best grill cover material). Some models come with ventilation holes, which help to prevent moisture condensation. For the protection of severe rains and thunderstorms, choose waterproof models.
- Inside Lining
Among other things, it is important to check the material of the inner lining. Specialists do not recommend models with the lining made of wool – it is prone to molding. The best options are polyester, nylon, or polyvinylchloride. They increase durability and sturdiness of the cover.
- The Downs
It is important to think in advance how you will attach the cover to the grill. If you have to store the cart outdoors in autumn and winter, mind that the cover can be blown away by the wind. That is why the best models are equipped with strings, Velcro straps or hooks that help to secure the cover on the furniture.
The main purpose of a cover is protection from tough weather conditions. It makes sense to choose waterproof and wind-resistant options that are made to last. Happily, most top-rated BBQ grill cover models meet this requirement.
Five Basic Facts about Grilling and Grill Covers
- Moisture is the number one enemy for your grill: it causes rust and mildew that destroy metal.
- Salty air is dangerous for metal, so a good cover is a must-have if you live on the coast.
- Grill covers are made of various materials: polyester, vinyl, and canvas are the most popular options.
- Don’t store your grill uncovered if you don’t want to shorten its lifespan. Try to protect it even on fine days if you don’t use it right now.
- Barbequing is a popular American outdoor activity: statistics say that the largest share of grill covers are sold in the US.
How to Maintain a Gas Grill Correctly?
Before you buy the best portable grill cover, read general tips of your gas grill maintenance. If you want it to last longer, please, maintain it in good condition – it doesn’t require much time and effort. Without a proper maintenance, the grill will not serve you long.
- Beware of Possible Propane Leaks
The simplest test includes using soapy water. Turn on a burner and pour some soapy water along the outer of the gas pipe. If you see bubbles in places of connections, there is a leakage. In this case, you need to take measures – replace the whole line or tighten up the junction depending on the situation.
- Clean the Gas Grill Regularly
It is crucial to keep a grill clean and tidy. This is not just a question of hygiene (though remnants of food and grease look and smell disgusting). Leaving your oven dirty every time, you reduce its lifespan. Try to wash all the internal and external element after every use: it will help to keep it shining and make it last longer. Before cleaning, don’t forget to turn off gas supply completely.
- Clean the interior. It includes grates that are washed with a brush and soapy water, metal plates that are placed above the burners, and the burners themselves (it is convenient to clean the holes with a thin wooden pin). Wipe off the removable tray or a pan, the bottom and the sides of the grill. Try not to scratch the surfaces: it can cause corrosion and rust. It is better to use a soft sponge and warm slightly soapy water. Finally, turn on the gas and wait 10-15 minutes for the remaining soap to burn off.
- Clean the exterior. Remove the dripping pan and rinse it in soapy water; wash and wipe off the outer surfaces of the grill. The final stage includes rinsing from a hose and wiping with a dry clean cloth.
- Cover a Gas Grill When You Don’t Use It
Most people store their grills outdoors where they are exposed to rain, snow, wind, thunderstorms, and so on. No matter whether it is a gas or a charcoal grill, cover it after every use if you want to preserve it in good condition. A properly chosen all-season cover will protect the appliance from tough weather condition, prevent bacteria mildewing and stop bacteria growth.
To choose the cover that meets your needs best of all, check our list of top-10 brands currently available in the market. It definitely makes sense to invest in a high-quality product – it will pay off in the nearest future. Keep in mind that most manufacturers give a warranty on their product. Thus, commonly, a warranty is 1 to 3 years. But there are some exceptions: for example, a warranty on the NFL grill cover is just 30 days since the day of shipment.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Best 10 Herbicide Of 2022 For Maintaining A Clean & Healthy Yard Reviewed
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2022
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2022: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Tips For Drought Season – 7 Essential Practice You Must Do For Survival 2022
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2022: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- Guide To Understand The Jew’s Ear Mushroom 2022 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- Calling Everyone With A Small To Tiny Garden
- How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs At Home With Bed Bug Killer 2022: Fast And Permanent Solutions
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2022
✅ Even More Great Products
- Chipper Shredder Reviews 2022 – Best Electric Yard Machines For Composting
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2022
- How To Use Patio Heaters? Tips On Safety, Functions And Purchase Of Outdoor Heating 2022
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips