Tired of annoying mosquitoes? Ultrasonic scarers don’t work? An electric mosquito trap comes into play. You will keep pests at bay and sleep soundly. We have reviewed several popular models and are ready to share our experience with you.
Compare the Best Mosquito Traps
Here’s a breakdown of the best mosquito traps: compare their characteristics to find the most suitable model.
|Item/Characteristics||Lamp Voltage||Type of bait||Coverage||Dimensions||Source of power||Outdoor or indoor use?||Harmful to human activity?|
|Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer||15 Watt||Octenol||1/2 acres||9.2 x 9.2 x 13 inches||Electric cord||Outdoor||Yes (should be placed at 25 ft from humans)|
|Dynatrap DT150 Ultralight Insect and Mosquito Trap||7 Watt||Carbon dioxide||300 sq ft||4.7 x 4.7 x 7.7 inches||Electric cord||Both||Yes|
|Hoont Electric Indoor Fly and Bug Trap Killer||10 Watt X 2||Lamps only||6,000 sq ft||16 x 12 x 3 inches||Electric cord (4 ft)||Indoors||Yes (not for pets and small kids)|
|SAVHOME Upgraded Electric Bug Zapper||N/A||Lamps only||500 sq ft||12.3 x 6 x 5.7 inches||Electric cord||Indoors||Yes|
|Cypropid Electronic Mosquito Killer Bug Zapper||4 Watt||Lamps only||530 sq ft||5.16 x 5.16 x 5.35 inches||USB cord||Both||Yes|
|Katchy Original Indoor Insect Trap||5 Watt||Lamps only||320 sq ft||5.5 x 5.5 x 9 inches||Electric cord + USB||Indoor||Yes|
|Livin’ Well No Zap Mosquito Trap – 3 in 1 Indoor/Outdoor||7 Watt||Lamps + tray for lure (sugar,honey, etc)||1000 sq ft||12.9 x 8.9 x 8.9 inches||Electric cord (3 ft)||Both||Yes|
|Stinger Indoor Insect Trap||4 Watt||UV light only||Up to ~350 sq ft||8.45 x 8.45 x 12.4 inches||Electric cord(6ft)||Indoor||Yes|
|Gardner FLY WEB FLY TRAP||9 Watt||UV light only||Up to ~350 sq ft||14.4 x 5.9 x 2 inches||No cord (plug only)||Indoor||Yes|
|HAUSBELL Mosquito Trap||N/A||UV light only||Up to ~350 sq ft||8.2 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches||Electric cord(6ft)||Indoor||Yes|
How Did We Chose and Test Mosquito Traps?
In order to observe the best solutions on the market, we read numerous mosquito killer trap reviews: they helped us to pick up ten worthiest models. After that, we left traps overnight to see how many mosquitoes would be caught. Aside from it, we measured the level of noise and safety of operation.
Top-10 Mosquito Traps
Here are reviews of the best mosquito traps: get an insight into their characteristics, advantages, and drawbacks to make the right choice.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage
- 2 Dynatrap DT150 Ultralight Insect and Mosquito Trap Midnight Blue
- 3 Hoont Electric Indoor Fly Zapper and Bug Zapper Trap Killer Catcher
- 4 SAVHOME Upgraded Electric Bug Zapper, Insect Killer, Mosquito Trap, Fly Gnat Trap
- 5 Cypropid Electronic Mosquito Killer Bug Zapper – USB Powered Non-Toxic UV LED Mosquito Trap Lamp
- 6 Original Indoor Insect Trap: Bug, Fruit Fly, Gnat, Mosquito Killer – UV Light, Fan, Sticky Glue Boards Trap
- 7 Livin’ Well No Zap Mosquito Trap – 3 in 1 Indoor/Outdoor UVA Light Mosquito Trap
- 8 Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
- 9 Gardner FLY WEB FLY TRAP
- 10 Mosquito Killer,Bug Zapper,HAUSBELL Mosquito Trap Nontoxic USB Powered
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage
Want a versatile electronic insect killer? Flowtron BK-15D is a mosquito trap that works with Octenol attractant cartridges. For that reason, it’s supposed to be used outside only. It has 1/2 acre coverage and provides uninterrupted service. The model uses a 15-watt bulb and requires plugging. The grid is powered by a high voltage transformer, so insects are killed right away. Its weatherproof polycarbonate construction stands wide range of temperatures and resists moisture. A 2-year warranty is included.
This is a cost-efficient solution for use in the backyard or garden during summertime. If you’re ready to buy Octenol attractant cartridges additionally, opt for this model.
- optimal coverage;
- Flowtron mosquito trap can be toxic for humans and pets.
Dynatrap DT150 Ultralight Insect and Mosquito Trap Midnight Blue
Don’t want to use pesticides? Dynatrap offers an eco-friendly solution for your family. It protects you against insects in three ways. First, it emits carbon dioxide that attracts mosquitoes. Secondly, it features a UV fluorescent bulb that’s alluring for pests. Thirdly, it has a vacuum that sucks insects (mosquitoes, flies, wasps, beetles) inside. Its coverage area is up to 300 sq ft, which is enough for a patio or a garden. Dynatrap ultralight insect and mosquito trap is quiet and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
The manufacturer claims it’s a versatile solution, but the level of emitted CO2 might not be enough to attract insects outside. Consider it for indoor use only.
- quiet operation.
- not efficient outdoors;
- some users claim it doesn’t emit enough carbon dioxide.
Hoont Electric Indoor Fly Zapper and Bug Zapper Trap Killer Catcher
Don’t want to tolerate pesticides and odors in your house? Use the indoor mosquito trap from Hoont. This is not a cage – it’s a real insect killer that gives them a fatal electric charge once they approach the grid. The device is easy in use: simply plug it in and see bugs being eliminated. The device covers up to 6,000 sq. feet, which is enough for several rooms, and it’s suitable for both industrial and residential buildings.
If you don’t have pets or small kids in your house, this electric insect killer will be a great eco-friendly solution for you. It’s non-expensive, and user reviews are mostly positive.
- very efficient and kills insects right away;
- easy cleaning and maintenance.
- can be used indoors only;
- not suitable for families with kids and pets
SAVHOME Upgraded Electric Bug Zapper, Insect Killer, Mosquito Trap, Fly Gnat Trap
This is an eco-friendly mosquito killer trap. The solution from SAVHOME works using UV rays that attract insects. As soon as they approach the grid, they’re killed by electricity. The device covers up to 500 sq ft and is suitable for indoors using mostly.
A nice bug killer for families with kids and pregnant women. It emits no odors or radiation and is easy in use and cleaning.
- optimal coverage;
- negative customer reviews: many users complain that it doesn’t kill mosquitoes;
- too expensive.
Cypropid Electronic Mosquito Killer Bug Zapper – USB Powered Non-Toxic UV LED Mosquito Trap Lamp
Cypropid’s electric killer is the best indoor mosquito trap in terms of price and quality. It emits cold light to attract mosquitoes. There are no chemicals used, and the level of noise is minimal. The device is powered by USB, so you can use it with an adapter, computer, or a power bank. It’s convenient for traveling.
If you want a compact indoor mosquito trap, this would be a great option. Although it doesn’t have a large coverage, it will protect the area around the user while staying quiet.
- may not be efficient outdoors during the day.
Original Indoor Insect Trap: Bug, Fruit Fly, Gnat, Mosquito Killer – UV Light, Fan, Sticky Glue Boards Trap
This is another indoor mosquito light trap that uses UV light to lure insects. There’s a fan that sucks them inside, and a sticky board that doesn’t let insects get away. This device requires no chemical attractants and can be used with both traditional plug and USB. Since it has low coverage (up to 320 sq ft), it’s recommended for indoor use only. If you see no difference before and after using the device, the manufacturer can refund you.
This device should be used locally in the places where insects usually reside. Please, note that it doesn’t work against fruit flies (those are mostly attracted to smell rather than light), though mosquitoes are killed easily.
- compact and lightweight;
- the sticky tray is very efficient in keeping insects inside.
- low coverage area.
Livin’ Well No Zap Mosquito Trap – 3 in 1 Indoor/Outdoor UVA Light Mosquito Trap
Need a stronger device? Livin’ Well offers the best outdoor mosquito trap that can be used both inside your house and in your porch/patio. The trap lures mosquitoes using the 7 watt light and the bait you lay on the attractant tray. No chemical attractants are used. DC vacuum sucks them in the collection container once and forever. With up to 1,000 sq ft coverage, this insect trap can protect the entire house. The bulb life is 8,000 hours – this trap is designed to last. To top it off, Livin’ Well’s trap is very easy to clean.
If you have to deal with mosquitos both in your house and outside, this device will save you money because you can place it anywhere. A cost-efficient and safe option that can be recommended for families with children.
- cost-efficient: this is a mega catch mosquito trap with large coverage;
- short cord included.
Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
Another eco-friendly solution, the insect trap from Stinger works without artificial attractants. It’s compact and lightweight and can be used in houses with pets and children. The UV light attracts insects and a quiet fan draws them inside the trap where they get dehydrated and killed. The tray is easily taken out and cleaned.
Judging by reviews, this is not the most efficient solution so far. Buy this trap if the problem of pests isn’t too acute. For this money, you can find a better option for your family, but his trap is a real find if want a quiet device.
- ergonomic and lightweight.
- you cannot use this mosquito trap outdoor;
- low efficiency;
- the UV light is the only attractant.
Gardner FLY WEB FLY TRAP
This is a minimalistic mosquito trap: electric UV light is the only attractant. Once insects approach the lamp, they get caught to the sticky wall. No tray cleaning, no chemical lures – this is an eco-friendly, simple solution. The unit is plugged in (there’s no cord because it’s installed along the wall) to provide uninterrupted work. Its compact size makes it suitable for indoor use in any room. The trap is efficient against flies, gnats, moths, mosquitoes and other flying pests.
Quite a simple solution that should rather be used during nighttime in your bedroom. However, it’s a bit overpriced, and sooner or later you will need to order new packs of the sticky board, which means extra expenses.
- no cleaning required.
- not cost-efficient;
- doesn’t have a cord.
Mosquito Killer,Bug Zapper,HAUSBELL Mosquito Trap Nontoxic USB Powered
This model is pretty much like Dynatrap mosquito trap: it’s small, compact and quiet. The plastic unit features a UV light and a strong fan that sucks insects inside. No chemical attractants are used, and pests aren’t hit by an electrical shock. That makes the device safe for families with pets and small kids. The unit should be cleaned once in 2-4 weeks, which isn’t much nuisance. It can be placed in any room or outdoor enclosed space.
This cheap mosquito trap is efficient in small spaces with a minor amount of pests. Don’t expect it to make any significant difference. According to reviews, it’s not strong enough to protect the entire house.
- ergonomic and lightweight.
- not very efficient.
Conclusion & Our Recommendations
We have reviewed ten popular mosquito traps and come to the conclusion that many indoor models are overpriced. If you want a cost-efficient model for using in house up to $50, consider buying Dynatrap DT150 (a small catcher for families with kids) or Hoont Electrical killer (it should be used in homes with adults only). Models that cost $20-30 appear to be too weak. Flowtron BK-15D would work great outdoors, but you should be ready to spend money on cartridges.
If you have a heavy mosquito infestation outdoors, consider buying a solution that’s not mentioned in our list: Mega Catch mosquito trap reviews claim it’s the most efficient killer on the market. However, it costs 15x times more than traditional mosquito killers.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- The 10 Best Chipper Shredders Models Reviewed 2021: Find Your Most Suitable Option To Recycle And Compost
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- How To Use Patio Heaters? Tips On Safety, Functions And Purchase Of Outdoor Heating 2021
- Upgrade Your Outdoor Space: Create A Master Plan For Your Future Patio Furniture 2021
- 5 Factors To Consider When Decorating Your Outdoor Space 2021: Make Your Garden Furniture Reflect Your Personal Style
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- The Ultimate Guide On Fertilizer Spreader: For All Lawn Care Purposes FAQs 2021
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Grow Your Own Food and Reduce Your Impact on the Environment
- Environmental Homes- Earthships
- 3 Different Types Of Popular Outdoor Garden Lights 2021
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Everything You Need To Know Of The Common Heliotrope 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- Drought Tips
✅ Bird Care
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips