Going green when it comes to your garden is much easier than you might think, and the fact that green gardening is kinder to your budget only sweetens the pot. Eco-friendly gardens help conserve resources, eliminate waste, prevent harsh and often dangerous chemicals from contaminating our air and food, and produce a beautiful and natural art gallery for passersby to admire. If your green thumb has got the itch to go even greener, keep reading. Here are several suggestions to help you create a greener garden space.
Build Your Own Compost Pile
One way to create a greener garden is to use compose to enrich the soil. Building your own compost pile is an easy, inexpensive way to add nutrients to the soil that will make your garden flourish–and it can be done in your backyard or even in a small bin if space is an issue. A convenient alternative is to purchase compost at your local garden center.
Use Organic Gardening Products
Instead of using harsh chemicals in your garden to eliminate pests and weeds, go for the organic ones that are just as effective and much gentler on the Earth. Organic fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides are easy to come by and are found at almost any garden center or supply store.
Make Homemade Gardening Products
Many organic gardening products can be made from household ingredients. Not only are homemade gardening products better for your plants and the environment as a whole, they are easier on your wallet as well. Many tried and true recipes for homemade gardening products can be found online, and often include using items like baking soda, milk, oils used for cooking, essential oils, and vinegar to make them.
Another excellent way to make your garden a greener place is to recycle old containers and other items to house or anchor your plants. Wash out your old food containers and look for scrap metal items that you can use instead of buying new ones. Better yet–unleash your creativity and jazz-up your recycled planters and anchors with color and funky embellishments. Your garden art will serve a purpose while adding some fun and flair to your garden space.
Apply Gardening Products with Care
Even if you are using “green” products in your garden, they should still be applied with care–and if you opt for harsher chemicals, caution is a must. Always apply herbicides and pesticides to the roots of your plants, and be careful to spray only the plants that need it. Many gardening products, organic or otherwise, will kill anything standing its way. Use products like these sparingly, and select only the ones that target the problem bugs or plants so that you don’t eliminate more than you have to.
Capture Rain Water
You can save precious water resources and money by capturing rain water for your garden. Use large barrels or buckets to catch rain, and then cover them with screens or lids to keep curious pests out of your supply. Use the rain you’ve captured to water your garden in place of your local area’s water supply as much as possible.
One of the best ways to keep a green garden is to use resources wisely and avoid wasting them at all costs. Use only what you must when it comes to herbicides and pesticides, and never leave a hose or sprinkler running if your garden has already been sufficiently watered. Try to incorporate recycled materials into your garden space instead of buying new ones, a great way to prevent unwanted waste when it comes to both money and materials.
Making your garden space a greener place to be will yield you some worthwhile benefits. You’ll spend less, conserve precious resources, and maintain a beautiful garden that the planet will thank you for.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- All You Need To Know Before Your Garden Sprayer Purchase: The Essential And Convenient Plant Maintenance Tool FAQs 2021
- Where Do You Put Your Coffee On A Garden Bench? The Solution To Quality Self-Time
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2021: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2021: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
- How To Plan Garden Storage Sheds? Tips You Have To Know Before Your Purchase 2021
- How To Choose The Right Log Cabin For Any Garden? (2021)
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
✅ Garden Care Products
- What You Need To Know About Traveling Sprinkler – Types, Use, Precautions FAQs 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Garden Tiller 2021: Selection And Safety Tips For Easy Seeding And Soil Cultivating
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Do Solar Panels Make for a Sensible Investment for your Home?
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- The Power Of Sun For Your Garden: The Best Solar Garden Light Models Reviewed and Compared 2021
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
- Organic Gardening Creating A Chemical Free Garden
- Everything You Need To Know Of The Common Heliotrope 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Bird Care
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- What Household Toxic Chemicals Are Poisonous To Pet Birds & Parrots? Harmful Hazards To Avoid For Feathered Friends 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips