What can be better than home-made barbecue and grilled meat right out of the oven? With a grill smoker combo, you can make your cuisine masterpieces right in the backyard. The Internet and stores are full of different devices for barbecue and grilling, and today we will overview versatile models. Our charcoal and electric smoker grill combo reviews will guide you through the agonies of choosing and help you to figure out the best option.
Compare the Best Grill Smokers
|Characteristics||Type of fuel used||Types of cooking supported||Capacity||Temperature range||Materials||Dimensions||What’s included in the kit|
|Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill||Propane||Roasting, grilling, smoking||Up to 25 pounds in the cooking basket + 180 sq.in. on the grill||150 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit||Stainless steel + porcelain coating||18 x 24 x 36 inches||The roaster, double stack roasting basket, assembly guidelines, instruction|
|Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker||Charcoal||Grilling, roasting||Overall – 447 sq.in.||200 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit||Stainless steel||24.8 x 26.6 x 21.65 inches||The device and instruction|
|Camp Chef Smoker Extra Large||Charcoal||Smoking mostly||~ 32 pounds of meat||160 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit||Steel, cast iron||30.5 x 25 x 17 inches||The device, instruction, + the recipe book|
|Camco Olympian Hybrid Gas/Electric Grill||Propane/Electricity||Grilling, roasting||160 sq.in.||Up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit||Steel||13.7 x 25.5 x 14.4 inches||The device, equipment for mounting on RV, instructions|
|Weber Liquid Propane Grill||Propane||Grilling, roasting||844 sq.in.||200-500 degrees Fahrenheit||Steel, iron, porcelain coating||33 x 39 x 26 inches||The device (disassembled) and instructions|
|The Original PK Grill & Smoker||Charcoal, chips||Roasting, grilling, smoking||301 sq.in.||180-700degrees Fahrenheit||Thick aluminum||35 x 16 x 35.5 in||The device, base with wheels|
|Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill||Propane||Grilling, roasting||145 sq.in.||Up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit||Steel||16 x 16.5 x 13 inches||The device (cover is sold separately)|
|Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill||Propane||Grilling, roasting||450 sq.in.||Up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit||Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and Flavorizer bars||32 x 50 x 63 inches||Fuel gauge, 6 Tool hooks, Owner’s guide, grilling guide and Limited warranty (tank with the grill is not included)|
|Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo||Propane + charcoal + electric ignition||Roasting, grilling, smoking||1,060 sq.in.||Up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit||Heavy-gauge steel||31.5 x 74 x 50.6 inches||The device, base with wheels|
|Traeger TFB65LZBC Grills Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker||Wood chips + electric ignition||grilling, smoking||646 sq. in.||400||Steel||49x54x22 in||The device base with wheels and cover|
How We Chose and Tested Combo Grills?
To select the worthiest variants, we read the top 10 grill smoker combo reviews left by real users and picked out seven great models worth your attention. We checked the type of fuel they need, their functions, safety, sizes, and overall cost-efficiency – every vital detail for you to make the right choice.
Top-10 Combo Grills
With the help of our gas grill and smoker combo reviews, you can figure out the best grill and smoker combo for your family. We will outline their functions, pros, and cons that will help you to make an informed decision.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
- 2 Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
- 3 Camp Chef Smoker Extra Large
- 4 Camco Olympian Hybrid Gas/Electric Grill
- 5 Weber Liquid Propane Grill, Smoke
- 6 The Original PK Grill & Smoker
- 7 Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 8 Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 9 Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- 10 Traeger TFB65LZBC Grills Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
Char broil grill smoker combo allows you to grill, smoke and roast meat and dishes using infrared technology. It ensures proper and even roasting (that eliminates hot and cold zones) without charcoal, oil, and flare-ups. The roasting basket can heat up 25 lbs of products, while the grilling area is 180 square inches – enough for making a rich meal for a big company. The smoker box is included. The stainless steel sustains high temperatures while the porcelain coated hood is easy to wash. This top-rated smoker grill combo comes with the tray for grease collection, a meat thermometer, convenient handles, and rotary ignition. The double stack roasting basket and detailed instructions are included.
- infrared heating is even, doesn’t dry meat and doesn’t create flare-ups;
- simple assembly.
- the heat isn’t enough to cook through thick pieces of meat;
- hard to clean.
Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
Searching for the best charcoal grill and smoker combo? Akorn Kamado Kooker offers a nice solution for Kamado style cooking with all levels of roasting. It maintains cooking temperature from 200 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit and allows using less charcoal for better results. The triple walled steel grill and cast iron grates last long and easily withstand high temperatures. The total cooking surface is 448 sq.in.: 133 in warming rack and 314 as the primary cooking area. The well-thought construction features rubber wheels, foldable side shelves, the locking caster, and the indexed damper. The airflow can be controlled to adjust the power of heat. Thanks to double wall insulation, this best charcoal grill smoker combo keeps warmth for a long time.
A smart construction and a myriad of useful features make this model highly convenient in use. It’s a versatile option for smoking and grilling, but quite expensive.
- a lot of grilling space;
- features wheels for easy moving;
- simple heat control and adjustable top damper.
- not cheap;
- the bolts aren’t strong enough, and the construction fails quickly.
Camp Chef Smoker Extra Large
What is the best smoker grill combo? Camp Chef offers a splendid solution for making smoked meet with a mind-blowing flavor of cherry, hickory, and other wooden notes. The smoker features a wood chip tray and a water pan. It’s suitable for any type of meat – ribs, chicken, turkey, beef, and so on (the manufacturer even claims you can bake pies inside). The model is among the best gas grill smoker combo reviews with temperature controls because it features all necessary appliances: the door thermometer, heat-control dials, and damper valves. The cooking temperature ranges from 160° F to 350° F. The porcelain base tray is simple to clean.
This device is suitable for smoking only: it doesn’t reach high temperatures. However, you can cook all types of meat enjoying flexible control temperature options.
- great for smoking all types of meat with any type of wood chips;
- the burner drum is protected properly;
- has 3 adjustable damper valves for better temperature control.
- not convenient in moving.
Camco Olympian Hybrid Gas/Electric Grill
Camco offers the best gas grill smoker combo that can work from electricity and provides as much as 180 sq. in. of space for cooking. The device works from regular 120 V outlet and is equipped with a safety shut-off for preventing ignitions. The construction features a mounting bracket and legs for countertop use. The electric and gas supply is controlled by two separate knobs. There are light heat indicators and the temperature control allowing you to choose low, medium and high heat. What else makes it the best gas grill and smoker combo? You don’t need to preheat it before using!
If you need a compact grill, try this model. Although it doesn’t take much space and is easy to use, it should be cleaned regularly. A nice option for picnics.
- this is a hybrid model – you can switch to electricity if you’ve run out of gas;
- heats up very quickly;
- the grill can be mounted to the side of RV.
- according to grill smoker combo reviews, food has some residual flavor of propane;
- needs regular and proper cleaning.
Weber Liquid Propane Grill, Smoke
Weber smoker grill combo is a professional tool for grilling and roasting that features maximum functionality and comes with everything you need for a profound meal. It has steel burners with porcelain covered bars and the advanced Grease Management System that prevents flare-ups and makes cleaning simple. Overall cooking space is 844 (646 on the iron cooking grates, and 198 in the warming rack overhead) square inches – enough for a fully-fledged meal for the entire company! The ignition system is convenient: gas will ignite and start burners if you simply turn the knob. It goes without mentioning that the construction features wheels and shelves – this grill combo will fit any backyard and ensure excellent culinary experience.
This model provides more than enough cooking surface: it’s a must for parties and large families. The construction is sturdy and reliable, but the assembly process is a bit pain in the neck. Once you find money and time for it, it will serve you forever.
- a large cooking surface;
- very convenient instruction;
- safe design and easy cleaning.
- assembling is pretty challenging (there’s a 36-page instruction on how to do it).
The Original PK Grill & Smoker
What makes this model the best gas charcoal smoker grill combo? It features a big traditional aluminum grill capsule – the retro design that was popular some 50-60 years ago. This aluminum cast allows for fast heating as well as slow barbecuing on low temperatures – the material preserves heat very well. The device works with charcoal briquettes and hardwood chips. Nickel-covered steel grid provides a lot of cooking surface and isn’t hard to wash. Four-way ventilation makes heating very efficient, and the temperature is preserved for a long time, which helps to save on charcoal.
This small classic grill smoker would be useful for fast cooking (hot dogs, pork chops). A great takeaway option, but may be not enough for cooking a lot of dishes and portions.
- very durable design;
- convenient for transportation;
- comes with 10-year warranty.
- no ash catcher;
- there isn’t enough space for roasting a whole turkey or a big chicken.
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
It’s time to review grill and smoker combo for smaller spaces. Cuisinart offers a compact model that can be used to cook up to 8 burgers, or 10 chicken breasts simultaneously. Although this tabletop grill is small, it keeps the temperature well and allows getting this magnificent grilled flavor. The device heats up fast and doesn’t consume as much gas as other fully-fledged models. It has a carrying handle and legs, which makes it a perfect variant for using on the go. The designers also cared about convenience: there’s a drip tray, a cooking grate that’s easily washed, and the lid lock that keeps it secure. Just like char griller 5050 duo combo grill & smoker, it can be placed anywhere you like and be used without worrying about flare-ups and overheating of surrounding surfaces.
It’s another model for a picnic and fast cooking. This portable gas grill can serve well to make a few pork chops, but be ready to spend a lot of time – the cooking surface is pretty small. The construction durability leaves a lot to be desired, too.
- very lightweight and compact;
- doesn’t consume much gas;
- comes in different colors.
- some reviewers claim that its parts start melting quickly;
- not long-lasting.
Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The top-rated smoker grill combo from Weber turns cooking into art: it’s equipped with everything for easy and convenient cooking. The construction features enamel covering and flavorizer bars that are simple to clean. The thermometer will let you know the right temperature, and 2 stainless steel burners with 450 sq.in. of cooking area allow making pretty fair portions. The model can be used for roasting and grilling.
This classic gas grill has enough cooking surface and useful options. Thought-through design and a wide range of features come for a pretty high sum. If you’re ready to spend a few hundred bucks and have a suitable spot for it in your backyard, we highly recommend this unit.
- Large cooking surface.
- Easy to clean.
Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
Out of all reviewed models, this one is simply unbeatable. Oklahoma Joe’s grill unit can be used for all types of cooking and has an enormous cooking space of 1,060 sq.in.! Three burners in the gas grilling chamber plus six grates allow for preparing all dishes at once. Besides, there’s electronic ignition option, too. The heat can be controlled with the help of handles and multiple dampers, as well as temperature indicators.
Being among the best grill and smoker combo solutions, this model would be rather suitable for real professionals who are able of managing several dishes simultaneously. The device allows for using all types of fuel and can be easily moved and cleaned.
- Huge cooking surface.
- All types of fuel can be used.
- Pretty costly and heavy.
Traeger TFB65LZBC Grills Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
If you want to enjoy real wood-fired taste, this versatile model is exactly the thing! Traeger TFB65LZBC is designed for baking, roasting, BBQ-ing, smoking and braising. A wide temperature range controller and the indicator make cooking comfortable and easy. 646 sq.in. cooking surface is enough to make a few large portions of your favorite dish. You can set the chips afire using an automatic ignition button.
It’s the best gas grill smoker combo for those who value true wooden flavor and 100% natural foods. Versatile and convenient, this device will serve for good.
- Supports all types of cooking.
- Thought-through construction, easy in use.
- A lot of maintenance is required.
- Pretty large and requires much space.
Since some users need large and capacious smoking combos, and others search for non-expensive and lightweight models, we tried to provide you with gas charcoal smoker combo grill reviews of different devices. There’s no certain leader – every model has its own benefits. If you need a high-quality stationary grill combo for an average price of $400-500, pay attention to Char-Griller Kamado: it has a great capacity and isn’t hard to assemble. Weber’s combo smoker grill is perfect for professionals and those who aren’t going to grill anywhere outside their backyard. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet is the most compact solution so far, and it costs under $100 but its quality is under question. If you want a high-quality compact smoker, Camco Olympian Hybrid is a better solution.
With a reliable and efficient grill and smoke combo, you can make real culinary masterpieces of practically anything: meat, fish, poultry, potatoes, and vegetables. Make backyard meals a family tradition – your dearest and nearest ones will love it!
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 15 Facts You Need To Know About Outdoor Solar Lights for Your Garden: The Essential Guide 2021
- Best Grill Covers 2021: Keep Your Grill Clean And Weather-Protected
- 5 Most Popular Outdoor Furniture Material To Know And Spice Up Your Garden 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- How to Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- The 10 Best Chipper Shredders Models Reviewed 2021: Find Your Most Suitable Option To Recycle And Compost
- How To Get Rid Of Ant Infestations: The Guide On Using Ant Killers 2021
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- Environmental Homes- Earthships
- Small Steps to Save The Environment Even Your Children Can Do
✅ Plant Care And Products
- The Medicinal Periwinkle Or Dwarf Periwinkle 2021 | Facts, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- Guide To Understand The Jew’s Ear Mushroom 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Bird Care
- Why You Must Properly Fledge Parrots: The Importance And Benefits Of Fledging Young Parrots 2021
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips