Proper Sized Cages
Please put your birds in proper size Parrot Cages. Birds need to play, eat, sleep, bathe, exercise and forage during the day. If we can’t provide aviaries for our birds, They should be in as large a cage as we can afford.
If you can’t afford a large cage, try making one or consider a smaller parrot. We have no right owning a parrot unless we can provide the proper environment…..
✅ Best Prevue Pet Products 125C Parrot Cage
Solid Parrot Cage, Happy Parrot – If you can afford it, you should probably purchase a new parrot cage every few years. Birds make a mess and after so many cleanings, any cage will start to show wear.
Remember, The larger the cage, the more natural of an environment we can provide (Trees, Ropes, bathing area etc.). Cages should be filled with natural branches for foot exercise, rope perches for comfort and sleep, cement perches for nails and beaks and non-toxic live branches for chewing.
Full Spectrum Lighting
Indoor birds should be provided with full spectrum lighting. This gives your birds the same benefit as natural sunlight, with vitamin D-3 needed for the body to absorb calcium.
Toys For Parrots
Parrots should be provided with plenty of toys designed to challenge their minds and keep their interest. Parrots love color, movement and sound. If a toy has all these characteristics as well as durability, chances are your bird will enjoy it.
Parrots want to explore, crack, peel and dig to find food. This is natural foraging behavior. Put their fresh food all over the cage for them to explore and find. There are plenty of food puzzle toys available.
One of the common causes of behavior problems is cage placement. In the wild birds can fly away from places they feel threatened. Birds are often placed in high traffic areas causing them to be uncomfortable. It is important to include your bird in family activity but always make sure your bird has a way out physically and visually.
This can be obtained by putting the cage in a corner or at least five feet from traffic. Parrots also love the stimulation of being by a window but make sure you cover half the cage so he has a safe place to retreat.
A noisy environment will create a noisy bird. Birds mirror the energy level of their environment; this is considered normal flock behavior. In the wild when one bird screams, they all scream. If you want your bird to be quiet, you need to be quiet.
If your home is noisy late into the evening it is a good idea to give your bird a separate sleep cage to make sure your bird gets at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep. An over tired bird can become irritable causing behavior problems. This separate cage can also be used as a time out cage (not punishment), when your bird gets too excited.
I think it is healthy for a parrot to have many different perching areas in the home, This helps eliminate territorial behavior and prevents boredom.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2022
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2022
- Best Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Review 2022 (For Outdoor/Electronic/Purizzy/Maxmoxie/Bed Bugs)
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Birch Tea Benefits, Medicinal Uses & Side effects (Leaf, Bark, Wood…)
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2022
- How To Create A Greener Garden Space: Ultimate Guide To Making Your Loved Outdoor Space Eco-Friendly 2022
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- Why Buying A Home Could Make All The Difference
- 4 New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash: Get Crafty To Recycle And Reduce Waste 2022
- How To Choose The Right Log Cabin For Any Garden? (2022)
✅ Even More Great Products
- Best Grill Covers 2022: Keep Your Grill Clean And Weather-Protected
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2022: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2022
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips