Being a highly flexible and versatile material, plastic is used for the whole range of home objects. It is cheap, waterproof, and simply easy to take any form you give it. There’s one drawback, though: unlike metal, plastic is easy to break, and fixing the damage can be quite challenging.
Compare Top-10 Best Solutions
|Item/Characteristics||Volume||Drying up and clamping time||Materials it can be used for||Outdoor use allowed?||Color||Type of substance||Can extra finishing be done?|
|Gorilla Super Glue||15 grams||Clamping is not required, dries up in 10-45 seconds||Plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper||Not recommendable||Transparent||Liquid||Yes (painting)|
|Starbond Instant Set ACCELERATOR (Activator) for CA Super Glue||8 ounce||Press objects for a few seconds, dries up in 10-20 seconds||Plastic. Combined with other CA glues||Not supposed||Transparent||Spray||Yes|
|Krazy Glue Original Crazy Super Glue All Purpose Instant Repair||2.88 ounce x 5 bottles||Clamping is not required, dries up in 10-15 seconds||Glass, ceramic, leather, rubber, vinyl, porcelain, and plastic||Not specified||Transparent||Gel||Yes|
|Insta-cure gap filling||56.7 grams (2 oz)||Clamping for small objects is not required, dries up in 5-15 seconds||Polystyrene plastic, wood, ceramics, porcelain||Not specified||Transparent||Gel||Yes|
|Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate (CA)”Super Glue” by Glue Masters||56.7 grams (2 oz)||Clamping for a few seconds is required, dries up in 50 seconds||China, glass, textile, wood, plastics, ceramics and rubber||Yes||Transparent||Thick Gel||Yes|
|Loctite Super Glue Plastics Bonding System with Activator||2 grams||Clamping for 30 seconds, dries up in a few seconds||Rubber, glass, metal, wood, chipboard, fabric, plexiglas, and hard plastics (polycarbonate, polystyrene, or PVC)||Yes||Transparent||Liquid activator + gel glue||Yes|
|Epoxy Glue – Clear 2 Part Glass and All Purpose Adhesive Repair Kit For Most Plastics||1.35 oz (40 ml)||Clamping is required (can last from a few minutes to several hours_, dries up in 15 minutes||Rigid materials, metals, cement, concrete, china, stone, slate, glass, ceramics, aluminum and plastics||No||Transparent||Gel||Yes|
|Rhino Glue Pro Kit||60 grams||Clamping is not required, dries up in a few seconds||Most types of hard plastics, vinyl, wood, rubber, metals, canvas, acrylics, ceramic, glass and others||Yes||Transparent||Liquid||Yes|
|Bob Smith Industries BSI-135H Maxi-Cure Extra Thick Super Glue||1 oz (28 grams)||Clamping for a few seconds, dries up in 10-25 seconds||Fiberglass, hardwood, ceramics, leather, metal, plastic and rubber||No||Transparent||Thick Gel||Yes|
|Glue Master Instant Glue – Craft & Wood Adhesive||56.7 grams (2 oz)||Clamping for a few seconds is required, dries up in 10-15 seconds||China, glass, plastics, ceramics, wood||No||Transparent||Thin Gel||Yes|
How Did We Rate And Tested Glue For Plastic?
When writing glue for plastic review, we took the samples and used them to glue different materials. During the process, we evaluated:
- How well does the product glue? Is there a long-lasting bond or elements can be easily detached afterward?
- How fast does it work?
- The versatility of product – which types of plastics does it glue, can it be used for different materials?
- Is it eco-friendly and safe for users?
The models that we have reviewed here do what is said on the label: they allow you to repair plastic object once and forever.
The Best Glue For Plastic – Our Choice
After making profound research, we have chosen ten popular glue products that are suitable for connecting plastic elements, as well as objects made of other materials. These are non-expensive and reliable solutions for indoor and outdoor use.
We would highly recommend Loctite Super Glue Plastics Bonding System with Activator. It works with a wide range of materials and ensures a fast grip even in low and high temperatures. However, it’s quite costly, so if you need a non-expensive and quality solution, opt for a 60-grams Rhino Glue Pro-Kit or Gorilla Super Glue. Such products last longer and cost around $15.
Gorilla Super Glue Review
✅ Best Gorilla Super Glue, 15 Gram
Great Adhesive, Sticks Anything to Anything – As other reviewers pointed out this stuff works just as well as any superglue made of Cyanoacrylate. The packaging is a little better than other brands though, it dispenses easily and cleanly and keeps excess from drying around the tip (which typically causes clogs). Using the proper, small, amount helps with this. If you do use too much it is best to remove the excess before recapping, though this can be difficult.
Most users who need a cheap and versatile variant resolve to Gorilla glue for plastic: it works instantly (ensures dead grip in 10-45 seconds), and is perfect for indoor repair. One 15 gr bottle is enough for several uses. The rubber particles included in the glue make up for exceptionally strong bonds and boost impact resistance greatly.
Non-expensive and versatile glue, but it’s suitable for indoor works only.
- The Anti Clog Cap doesn’t let the gel dry up;
- This glue is suitable for the whole gamut of materials, including plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper, and others.
- It’s not waterproof – it’s supposed to be used for indoor objects only;
- This fast-drying glue for plastic is not suitable for polypropylene and polyethylene.
Starbond Instant Set ACCELERATOR Review
Even the best super glue for plastic takes some time to dry up, but you can accelerate the process with the help of Starbond Instant Set. It is used with CA Super glue to boost the strength of bonds and accelerate drying. Just spray it on one surface and keep it pressed to another surface with glue and wait for a few seconds. Alternatively, you can unscrew the cap and apply the product by drops. It’s used with thicker viscosity CA glues and black CA glue.
A nice addition to the regular glue, if you’re ready to spare extra money.
- A nice addition to glue that boosts its efficiency;
- It doesn’t leave blurry or white stains;
- Can be combined with many types of super glue.
- Note that this super glue for plastic is highly flammable;
- Due to a strong odor, it should be used in adequately ventilated rooms or outside to prevent inhaling harmful substances.
Krazy Glue Original Crazy Super Glue Review
✅ Best Krazy Glue Elmer’s Original Crazy Super Glue
Fix a Wooden Flower into a Wooden Base – It was nice to get three as once you use it, it might be a long time before it is needed again and the open one has dried up. did successfully use it to reattach a wooden flower into a wooden base. When all else fails, Krazy Glue to the rescue! held it in place for about 30 seconds to give it time to bond and it worked!
Another non-expensive and versatile solution is Crazy glue for plastic. One bottle is one-use (it contains 2.88 ounces of glue only). It can be used for literally everything in your house. The all-purpose glue allows repairing objects made of wood, glass, ceramic, leather, rubber, vinyl, porcelain, and plastic. It ensures instant grip, so be ready to make repairs right away.
One bottle is convenient for one use, but it cannot be stored for long – the glue dries up quickly.
- Versatile solution for all types of solid materials;
- When you open a container, it should be used right away – the cap doesn’t prevent drying, so don’t bother to store the used bottles;
- Some buyers complain that this glue is often delivered dried up. Make sure that you purchase a freshly produced batch of this super strong glue for plastic.
Insta-cure gap filling 2oz Bob Smith Ind. Review
✅ Best Insta-Cure Gap Filling
Perfect for assembling 3d printed costume parts – Great adhesive capabilities, but it’s extremely watery and continues to drip and run long after being applied. Does not seem to dry quickly. Far from “insta cure”.
Another fast setting glue for plastic is offered by Bob Smith Ltd: Insta Cure is cyanoacrylate glue, which means it is suitable for polystyrene plastics. The best thing about this epoxy glue for plastic is the fact that it can be used for the whole range of materials. You can use it to repair the whole gamut of objects in your house.
The glue is suitable for different materials and is convenient in use. However, it dries up quickly.
- The objects bonded don’t have to fit perfectly – the gel fills in the gaps and provides the instant effect;
- One 2 oz bottle of gel-like glue is enough for major repairs.
- Not suitable for all types of plastic.;
- Dries up instantly, so you have little time to connect objects properly.
Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate (CA)”Super Glue” by Glue Masters Review
Need one-fits-all glue for leather to plastic and other materials? Glue Masters offers a premium solution – it works fast and allows you to repair literally anything. The glue is available in several versions – with medium and high viscosity. It works with a lot of materials, including china, glass, textile, wood, plastics, ceramics, and rubber. This is the best glue for plastic to plastic , but even if you don’t like the product, the manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee.
Works well, and dries up in 50 seconds, so you have time to connect and adjust the objects.
- Can be applied to one surface only;
- 2 oz container doesn’t dry up after the first use – the cap prevents leaking;
- Thanks to balanced viscosity, it is easy to apply, and can be used for outdoor works.
- Ultra fast grip is guaranteed, but the glue dries up entirely within 50 seconds only.
Loctite Super Glue Plastics Bonding System with Activator Review
Being among highly recommendable solutions for house, Loctite Super Glue is available in all stores and Online shops. This is the best glue for plastic to metal and tough work, no matter which materials you work with – rubber, glass, metal, wood, chipboard, fabric, plexiglass, and hard plastics like polycarbonate, polystyrene, or PVC.
The glue dries up instantly and can be used for indoor and outdoor repair. However, it’s used in 2 steps, which takes a bit more time than usually.
- The cap prevents glue shutting, and but you need to keep it sealed properly;
- Users claim that this is the best glue for plastic: it works even at low temperatures and can be used outside. Loctite may even fix some issues with your car.
- It is used in two steps: apply the activator and wait 1 minute, then apply the glue and connect parts;
- The glue has a low viscosity, and is better to be used on porous surfaces and applies with a special brush.
Epoxy Glue – Clear 2 Part Repair Kit Review
What is the best glue for plastic repairs? The one that doesn’t take forever to dry up and works with the vast majority of materials. This is what Epoxy Glue from Pratley serves for. It comes in 2 parts, one of which is an activator, and another – glue itself. This strong adhesive creates bonds in 15 minutes and can be used to connect almost all types of rigid materials (metals, cement, concrete, china, stone, slate, glass, ceramics, aluminum and, of course, plastics).
The glue is suitable for a wide range of materials, but should be used together with an activator to work properly. It’s a bit inconvenient.
- Epoxy Glue is the best glue for hard plastic that creates strong bonds and resists water perfectly;
- Suitable for most solid materials.
- Doesn’t work on smooth surfaces: the surface should be cleaned and sanded.
Rhino Glue Pro Kit Review
It’s the epitome of versatility. This glue for plastic to wood and the whole range of other materials (plastics, vinyl, wood, rubber, metals, canvas, acrylics, ceramic, glass and others) can be used both indoor and outdoor. It has a specific formula that ensures dead grip within seconds and includes 3x distilled adhesive particles. The kit includes: the large bottle of adhesive, the small bottle of glue, and the brush cap.
It’s a very efficient and versatile product, but 3-step application takes pretty much time.
- Since it is waterproof glue for plastic, it can be used to repair shoes, cars, and objects exposed to moisture and rain;
- A 60 grams bottle is enough to repair everything in your house;
- It resists stress and vibrations.
- Three-step using is not convenient for instant repairs.
Bob Smith Industries BSI-135H Maxi-Cure Extra Thick Super Glue Review
If you are searching for the best glue for plastic toys, Maxi-Cure extra thick CA would be a great solution. This product is designed to stick bonds fiberglass, hardwood, ceramics, leather, metal, plastic and rubber. It dries up in 10-25 seconds establishing a stress-resistant grip.
The glue is suitable for different materials, but it’s thick and dries up a bit longer than other products.
- According to reviews, this is a food safe glue for plastic – use for mugs and plates freely!
- Note that the surface should be scraped slightly for the adhesive to work better: it has a very thick texture, so it doesn’t fill in the gaps perfectly. You have a few seconds to fix the joint point normally.
Glue Master Instant Glue (2 OZ Thin Viscosity) – Craft & Wood Adhesive Review
If you have to connect materials so that to fill in the gaps, Glue Master Instant is a good glue for plastic and other materials (china, glass, plastics, ceramics, wood, and so much more). The gel has a low viscosity.
This Cyanoacrylate glue is a one-fits-all solution when you need to make a quick fix in your house.
- It drips in gaps – suitable for smooth surfaces;
- It allows to bond objects within 15 seconds only.
- Due to instant drying up, you have no time to adjust objects properly.
The Best Glue For Plastic: Our Recommendations
So, what is the best glue for plastic? First and foremost, we analyzed the price/quality ratio, as well as the volume of glue bottles. Average price of a 60-gram bottle is $15, and the vast majority of reviewed solutions cost $12-20. Out of all reviewed models, Loctite Super Glue and Rhino Glue Pro Kit appear to be the most versatile and easy in use. They dry up instantly and establish indestructible bonds between objects. While Loctite is quite expensive, Rhino kit gives you most for your buck: it has the average price, but the bottle is big enough.
Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate (CA)”Super Glue” by Glue Masters is the best waterproof glue for plastic that can be used to repair almost anything in your house. It has an agreeable price a bit below than what other vendors offer. However, if you’re ready to add up some $10 for true quality, Starbond Instant Set ACCELERATOR (Activator) for CA Super Glue can be a nice addition to regular glue.
Amazon offers a wide range of non-expensive solutions, but before buying one you need to define what exactly you need to glue. There’s no one-fits-all product, so choose according to materials treated.
===> Find Even More Related Good Ideas ===>
Other Garden Enthusiast Are Reading:
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2022: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
- Best Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Review 2022 (For Outdoor/Electronic/Purizzy/Maxmoxie/Bed Bugs)
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2022
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 11 World’s Most Amazing Medicinal Plants & Healing Herbs In Nature For Plant Lovers 2022
- The 10 Best Potting Soil For Growing Healthy Plants Indoors Reviewed 2022 | Soil Mix, pH, Product Type
- 5 Ideas To Decorate For A Moroccan Caravan Style Garden Party 2022: Invite Your Friends To A Stylish Summer Party
✅ Indoor Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2022
- How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs At Home With Bed Bug Killer 2022: Fast And Permanent Solutions
- How To Get The Perfect Mosquito Trap? Everything You Need To Know: Types, Designs, Safety FAQs 2022
✅ Even More Great Products
- 13 Tips You Need To Know About Garden Hose Reel: FAQs 2022
- The Best Amazon Prime Day Gardening Deals For Families To Get Your Hands On 2022: Everything From Lawn, Plants And Furniture That Are Too Good To Miss
- Honest Review Of The 7 Best Gardening Shoes 2022: An Extra Reason To Love Gardening
✅ Sustainable Lifestyle Products And Tips