The periwinkle is a perennial herb that is found in regions of the Mediterranean, grows in thickets and wooded areas.
The scientific name is Vinca minor and the family: Apocynaceae.
This plant has trailing stems that reach 2 meters long, has flowers of blue or white, also has fruit with seeds. The entire plant is toxic.
The periwinkle has medicinal properties such as an anti-diarrheal, regulator of the gastrointestinal tract, astringent, anti-inflammatory, tonic, appetizer, ant catarrhal, purifying, anti-diabetes, diseases of the genitourinary tract.
The parts that contain active ingredients are the tops of the flowers, leaves and roots of the herb. After they are collected should be dried in the shade to maintain their property and active substances. Some of the conditions used to treat bleeding nose or gums, regulate the gastrointestinal tract, diabetes, lower blood pressure, helps fight the aging brain, improves memory, stimulates appetite, increases the secretion of breast milk, reduce mental fatigue. It is effective for people recovering from heart attacks and strokes. You can also find this plant extract in pharmacies and health food stores and comes in tinctures.
Periwinkle may have contraindications for pregnant women, infants and children so they should not consume this plant in any way at all without medical supervision. In addition, the combination with other drugs can be harmful to anyone so not to self-medicate with this home remedy. This plant helps to improve certain conditions but should be used only with medical approval for benefits and have no undesirable effects on health.
Recipes from this Medicinal Plant:
an infusion can be prepared using 20 grams of leaves and flowers in 1 liter of water do not exceed this dose not to suffer contraindications. It should only be consumed under medical advice because of the toxicity of it.
The decoction is achieved by boiling 16 grams of flowers and leaves in 1 liter of water and can drink 2 cups per day.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Where Do You Put Your Coffee On A Garden Bench? The Solution To Quality Self-Time
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- 10 Best Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Detailed Review 2021: Find Your Indoor Protector Here
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Inspirations For The Best Outdoor Living in Summer: Garden Style Guide 2021
- 5 Factors To Consider When Decorating Your Outdoor Space 2021: Make Your Garden Furniture Reflect Your Personal Style
- Care & Maintenance Of Garden Furniture In A Snap 2021: Keeping Your Outdoor Space Good As New
✅ Home Design And Tips
- How to Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- Get To Know Your Leaf Blower: The Ultimate Guide To Keeping Your Lawn, Yard And Garden Clean 2021
- Find The Best Cordless Leaf Blower 2021: Convenient Leaf Cleaning And Removal Tools Reviewed
- Detailed Review On The 10 Best Garden Shears 2021: Get Your Best Fit Here
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Do Solar Panels Make for a Sensible Investment for your Home?
- Small Steps to Save The Environment Even Your Children Can Do
- How to Create a Greener Garden Space
✅ Plant Care And Products
- How to Create a Greener Garden Space
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- Drought Tips
✅ Bird Care
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips