Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 What are ant killers?
- 2 What are ant killers for?
- 3 Amazing Facts About Ant Killers
- 4 Tips On How To Use And Store Ant Killers?
- 5 How To Store Ant Killers?
- 6 How To Use Ant Killers?
- 7 How Do I Stop an Ant Infestation?
- 8 How Do You Get Rid of an Ants Nest?
- 9 Are There Any Poisonous Ants?
- 10 How Do You Get Rid of Ants Naturally?
What are ant killers?
Ant killer is an insecticide used to struggle with ants. Based on the mechanism of action, they are divided into several types: baits, diatomaceous earth, acids, oils, sprays, growth regulators and liquids.
What are ant killers for?
The ant killer treatment has the following basic purposes:
- poisoning of the whole colony;
- killing the queen;
- ant population control.
The market is packed with different treatments and sometimes homeowners find it difficult to choose the most suitable product to struggle with pests. The best approach is to find an ant killer that combines good performance with a reasonable price. The aim of this brief review is to tell about the best killer for ants which can meet any customer needs.
Amazing Facts About Ant Killers
Ants are a part of human life. People can’t do without struggling with these insects as they may be quite annoying. There are some challenging facts about ants and ant killers which may be interesting to learn.
- The main problem caused by ants is the contamination of food. Ants are known to be bacteria carriers which even can be fatal to humans;
- The ants are able to develop immune resistance and most chemical ant killers cease to be effective in due course;
- Simple killing the ants is just a short-term solution. It is necessary to eliminate the source having taken out the queen;
- The best natural killer for tiny ants is dry instant grits. Spread the corn around the ant nests and mounds. As soon as the ants eat the grits, the corn would expand in their digestive system and kill them;
- Aspartame was initially developed as a killer for ants ‘cause it is considered to be poisonous for them.
Tips On How To Use And Store Ant Killers?
Even the best natural killer for ants would leave a bad impression if used and stored improperly. It is possible to extend the treatment effect and avoid serious accidents keeping the product in proper conditions within its shelf life. Here are some hints on how to store and use the product properly.
How To Store Ant Killers?
Any substance can change its properties when exposed to external factors. Ant killers lose their effectiveness and may even become hazardous if stored inappropriately. The customer shall follow some basic storage rules to preserve all the original product features:
- avoid extreme temperatures;
- keep the ant killer in its original package;
- store the killer for ants in a special cabinet;
- protect the package from water leaks and direct sunlight;
- store the dry powder or granular ant killers in a water-proof tub;
- don’t buy more ant killer than you are going to use in the nearest future.
How To Use Ant Killers?
Ant killers stand out for their strong chemical activity. Some of their constituents may cause serious health problems. But still, any insecticide is absolutely safe to use if the undermentioned application instructions are followed:
- always read the instruction and the label information;
- learn the first aid information;
- put on the necessary protective equipment;
- avoid inhalation and direct exposure;
- make sure the ant killer is suitable for indoor use if the application area is inside the house;
- don’t consume foods or drinks when diluting and applying the ant killer;
- prepare the ant killer for use in a well-ventilated area or outdoors.
How Do I Stop an Ant Infestation?
The most reliable way to get rid of ants is to eliminate physically the whole colony, including the queen. Modern ant killers can stop even a severe infestation in a few days. Choose the appropriate killer depending on the type of insects, their number, and gathering places (indoors or outdoors.)
How Do You Get Rid of an Ants Nest?
The best approach is to use baits with a slow-acting poison. Ants will grab the bait and carry it to their nest and die there. Other ants will eat the dead mates and die too. Thus, using the domino effect, you’ll be able to eliminate the whole colony, including the queen.
Are There Any Poisonous Ants?
Ants produce a specific type of venom to defend themselves in the natural environment. Normally, this venom is too weak to kill or cause any serious harm to human. That said, stings of some ant species can cause allergic reactions, which, in turn, result in a fatal outcome.
How Do You Get Rid of Ants Naturally?
There are several ways to get rid of ants naturally and prevent future invasions. Here are some simple effective measures that you can undertake to protect your home from these small unwanted guests.
- Keep your kitchen clean and tidy. Sweep and vacuum every day; don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink and on the table. Store food in sealed containers and bags.
- Prepare a spray from soapy water with a couple of drops of mint or citrus oil. You’ll get a natural ant killer that works on direct contact.
- Use natural deterrents and repellents. Chalk, pepper, citrus oil, cinnamon, Vaseline, talc are just some of them.
- Use deterring scents in your kitchen, such as peppermint, bay leaves, garlic.
- Sprinkle dust or Splenda around. Both products are harmless for people but effectively kill ants.
- Prepare a natural bait from maple syrup and boric acid. Ants will be attracted by the sweet odor and taste, try the substance, and die.
If you can’t stop the invasion with natural methods buy a professional chemical ant killer. For example, choose the appropriate option from our list of top ant killers.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- The Best Backpack Sprayers 2021: The Complete Buyer’s Guide Compared And Reviewed For Fertilizers, Herbicides And Pesticides
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2021
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 10 Best Portable Hot Tub Reviewed 2021: Enjoy Inflatable SPA Procedures Right At Home
- How To Choose The Right Log Cabin For Any Garden? (2021)
- Buyer’s Guide On Efficient Pond Vacuum For Outdoor And Indoor Water 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- How To Use Weed killers – The Essential Guide For Beginners 2021
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- Top 10 Garden Sprayer Reviewed For Pros And All 2021: Find Your Best Fit And Maintain Your Garden At Ease
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Grow Your Own Food and Reduce Your Impact on the Environment
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
- Small Steps to Save The Environment Even Your Children Can Do
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Everything You Need To Know Of The Common Heliotrope 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Guide To Understand The Jew’s Ear Mushroom 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Creating a Backyard Paradise
✅ Bird Care
- Tips For Choosing A High-Quality Birdcage 2021: Make Your Birds Comfortable At Home
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips