Creating a pleasant décor on your property is something we all would like, and there are quite a few ways to go about it. Being Eco-friendly is an important part of your living space, both inside and out. I have a few recommendations that can provide your property with a natural and functional beauty that will benefit our lifestyle and the lifestyle of the natural world around you.
For the Eco-conscious person creating a vegetable garden can be a satisfying project on a few levels. Growing your own food is a highly rewarding experience that also benefits your health. Not only that, it makes your property look beautiful once the produce begins to bloom. That’s what the earth is there for, so put it to good use.
First off, decide where you want to put the garden, make sure you choose a spot that gets plenty of sunlight. Each yard is different, so you’ll have to decide what size garden you can make, but I always went with 8’ X 6’ beds to accommodate a few different veggies. 1’X8’ beds are good for things like lettuce, or anything that grows better by itself in a single row. I’ve run into a problem with planting lettuce next to squash plants and the leaves covered the lettuce and drowned it out.
If you can’t cut the wood yourself have the supply store cut it to specifications, and then get some nails and hammer them together, and place them in the designated space. For the soil, it’s best to use a mixture of organic soil and horse manure. Nothing beats manure for fertilizer, the results are phenomenal. You want to use organic seeds; there is no substitution for all natural organic food.
Start by tilling up the soil in the bed with a pick axe and then spread and mix up the manure and soil. Plant the seeds in straight rows and make sure you leave the packages as markers so you don’t forget where things are planted. Water them every day, well actually at night, the water absorbs better because there is no sun to evaporate it, and before you know it your bounty will begin to blossom.
Another addition to the beautification of the property is garden pond. They look great and add a much needed habitat for the locals that may be hiding out around the property. To do this you will need to dig a sizable hole even if you want a smaller one, and a basin which will contain the water and pond pump. The pump is important for aeration; after all the fish need to breathe, and you can’t have a garden pond with fish, I mean come on.
To give it a little something extra, try putting some flowers, bushes, or maybe some tall grass around it. Giving a border with rocks is a nice touch as well and gives it a manicured but natural feel. The fish will be happy, the turtle and frogs will come, as well as a whole host of other creatures, and you will have made your home a natural sanctuary in the process. It’s a win-win-win.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- The Best Backpack Sprayers 2021: The Complete Buyer’s Guide Compared And Reviewed For Fertilizers, Herbicides And Pesticides
- Everything You Need To Know About Rear Tine Tiller Before Purchase 2021
- The 10 Best Chipper Shredders Models Reviewed 2021: Find Your Most Suitable Option To Recycle And Compost
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- Best 10 Patio Heaters Review 2021: The Ultimate Guide On Keeping You Warm Outdoors
- 5 Most Popular Outdoor Furniture Material To Know And Spice Up Your Garden 2021
- The Power Of Sun For Your Garden: The Best Solar Garden Light Models Reviewed and Compared 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
✅ Garden Care Products
- 12 Things You Need To Pay Attention To Before Buying Or Using A Chipper Shredder: The Ultimate Safety Tips And FAQs 2021
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills: Reliable & Effective Brands To Take Care Of Your Yard 2021
- Beginner’s Guide To Mastering Garden Shears 2021: Tips On Safety, Selection, Maintenance And More
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- 4 Methods of Domestic Waste Disposal
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- 10 Ways to Conserve Water
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Organic Gardening Creating A Chemical Free Garden
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
✅ Bird Care
- What Can Parrots Eat Or Not Eat? Find The Best Safe Fruits and Vegetables For Healthy Bird Diet 2021
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- Common Abnormal Behaviour In Birds: How To Take Care Of Your Parrots?
✅ Decluttering Tips