Want to have fun with a company or friends or just relax? There’s no better way to combine both than using a portable inflatable hottub. Non-expensive, portable, and lightweight – it’s a great alternative to its stationary counterparts. Isn’t it great to have a SPA module right at your house? But how to choose a suitable model when the market is full of offers? In this ultimate guide, you will learn the rules of choosing the best hottub, and read reviews of ten worthy variants.
Compare The Best Hottubs
|Item/Characteristics||Capacity||Water capacity||Electricity rate||Maximum heat||Water flow||Heating time||The weight of the unit without water|
|Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub||4-6 people||254 gal||110-120V, 12A||104°F/40 °C||320 gal/h||2-3 °F/h||85.9 pounds|
|SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub||4-6 people||242 gal||110-120V, 12A||104°F/40 °C||320 gal/h||2-3 °F/h||76.5 pounds|
|Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set||4 people||210 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||460 gal/h||2°-3°F/h||87.2 pounds|
|Goplus Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub||4-6 people||210 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||N/A||2-3℉/h||50 pounds|
|Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play Hot Tub||4 people||195 gal||110-120V||108°F/42 °C||~460 gal/h||2-3 °F/h||269 pounds|
|Hudson Bay Jet Spa with Stainless Jets||6 people||264 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||N/A||2-3 °F/h||55.5 pounds|
|MSPA Relaxation M-009LS Lite Alpine Square Outdoor Spas||4 people||171 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||N/A||2-3 °F/h||49.5 pounds|
|M-SPA Tekapo Hydrotherapy Portable Inflatable Hot Tub||6 people||225 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||320 gal/h||2-4 °F/h||65 pounds|
|Essential Hot Tubs SS125210300 Newport-14||4 people||200 gal||110-120V (can be converted into 240 V)15A||104°F/40 °C||460 gal/h||2-4 °F/h||320 pounds|
|AquaRest Spas AR-300 with Easy Plug||2 people||160 gal||110-120V||104°F/40 °C||N/A||2-3 °F/h||308 pounds|
How Did We Chose And Test The Best Portable Hot tubs?
In order to select worthy models, we read portable hottub reviews – it helped us to understand which options deliver the best quality for their price. As soon as we picked up ten great hottubs, our specialists tested them to evaluate the time required for blowup, heating time, convenience, safety, reliability, and additional features. All the information we got is summed up in our reviews for you to make an informed decision.
Top-10 Portable Hottubs
Read descriptions, recommendations, pros and cons of every blowup hottub to figure out which model deserves to be installed in your home or backyard.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub
- 2 SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
- 3 Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- 4 Goplus Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- 5 Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play Hot Tub
- 6 Hudson Bay Jet Spa with Stainless Jets
- 7 MSPA Relaxation M-009LS Lite Alpine Square Outdoor Spas
- 8 M-SPA Tekapo Hydrotherapy Portable Inflatable Hot Tub
- 9 Essential Hot Tubs SS125210300 Newport-14
- 10 AquaRest Spas AR-300 with Easy Plug
Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub
Non-expensive and spacious, Coleman portable hottub is a great solution for a company of 4-6 people. The unit is very easy to assemble: no tools needed, and there’s a DVD with step-by-step instruction for maintenance and setup. All essentials are included (inflation hose, filter cartridge, insulated cover. The heating system features an automatic start/stop timer. The hottub walls are made of TriTech material that ensures optimal comfort and lasts long.
This hottub is simply a bestseller with lots of positive reviews. It features all basic functions and doesn’t require much time for handling and maintenance. A cheap, trouble-free option.
- easy setup;
- optimal capacity.
- no water treatment chemicals included;
- the pump isn’t convenient in use.
SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
Another great Saluspa portable hottub ensures fast heating and accommodates 4-6 people. Like the previous model, it is set up easily and reaches 104°F temperature. There’s a DVD explaining the process of installation and maintenance, and no tools are required for setup. However, this model has a few extra features. For example, there’s a chemical floater included, and an advanced water filtration system. To top it off, there’s a digital control panel and soft walls made of durable material.
This is a non-expensive unit, but it has a few problems, such as pump leaking, or inability to keep water hot while bubbles are being made. You just get what you pay for.
- automatic shut-off;
- easy setup.
- pump leaks;
- not long-lasting.
Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
What is special about this hottub? It has an insulated cover for maximum safety, and to filter cartridges for clean water. With a capacity of 4 people (210 gallons), this hottub would be enough for a small party. Aside from the heating system, it also includes floating pool chlorine dispenser, a thermal ground cloth, an inflation hose, and, of course, a carry bag.
According to Intex inflatable portable hottub review, the unit is not very reliable. It should be maintained properly and treated accurately to prevent breaking and decay.
- has several filter cartridges for efficient cleaning.
- not durable;
- quite small.
Goplus Outdoor Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
Like Intex portable hottub, this model was also designed for 4 people. Goplus provides a great spa experience thanks to multiple bubble jets and one of its most outstanding features is an advanced water treatment system. Hard water is softened thanks to crystals contained in the filter. That also prolongs the service life of the entire spa system. What else? The whole kit includes inflation hose, filter cartridge, PU cover, rubber plug, ground cloth, and a repair set.
The unit is convenient in setup and use, but it’s not recommended for being used in cold weather – the heater isn’t strong enough to sustain maximum temperature.
- great water filtering system.
- the heating system is too weak, so the unit is better for being used indoors.
Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play Hot Tub
Want a better quality for a higher price? Then consider an electric portable hottub from Lifesmart. It’s not inflatable, but can be installed both outdoors and indoors. The unit features a Deluxe Balboa digital control and lights, as well as various SPA options, such as bubbles and massage, and even waterfall feature. The sandstone shell resists to wearing serving for years and keeps warmth better. Another advantage is that this hottub is very easy in installation: simply put it on the spot, add water, and plug in.
We’d recommend this model for those who are ready to pay for quality, and don’t necessarily need a blowup hottub. This unit holds the temperature at the optimal level and can be used during wintertime.
- efficient heating system;
- easy setup.
- small capacity.
Hudson Bay Jet Spa with Stainless Jets
Being a large softside portable hottub, the model from Hudson Bay can accommodate up to 6 people. It has a great hard-water filtering system and uses several filters to make clean SPA water. The heating system warms the water up to 40 degrees Celsius. Installation is a no-brainer with the instruction included – no tools are needed. The set features everything you need: an inflating hose, cover, filter cartridge, and so on.
That’s a budget solution for hottub parties: the unit provides all basic functions and has a thick insulating wall on the sides to keep heat for long. It’s not clear whether the model is reliable, and materials are durable – we found no reviews covering this information.
- large capacity;
- great water softening system.
- the heating unit can be quite weak to warm up such a great amount of water.
MSPA Relaxation M-009LS Lite Alpine Square Outdoor Spas
The modern freestanding portable hottub from MSPA Relaxation is made to hold heat and serve long. Although it has a low capacity of 171 gallons (4 people), most reviews are satisfactory. The walls are made of PVC and PVP layers, and the metallic silver elements reflect warmth to sustain an optimal water temperature. There are 108 air jets, and the pump is very quiet. Thus, it’s a good unit for relaxation and pleasant SPA experience.
Generally, this unit is worth the money – it provides all essential features while staying affordable. The hottub is made of high-quality PVC and PVP materials and can serve a few years if maintained properly.
- low noise level;
- high-quality materials.
- low capacity;
- poor customer service.
M-SPA Tekapo Hydrotherapy Portable Inflatable Hot Tub
This is one of the best portable hottub models you can buy for such money. The model has 6-layer PVC material to prevent leaking and features 132 bubble jets for gentle and effective massage. Auto-filtration works during 4 hours. With capacity of 6 bathers and safe design, this model outperforms its counterparts. For additional convenience, remote control was included.
Generally, this model is worth paying some extra bucks only thanks to its capacity. Durability and reliability are on the same level as other models.
- high capacity;
- many bubble jets;
- remote control.
- mediocre quality of pump;
- slow heating.
Essential Hot Tubs SS125210300 Newport-14
Want to use your portable hottub during winter? Consider this model. It has a sturdy construction, 14 water jets, and a durable stainless-steel heater. The hottub accommodates 4 bathers and heats water up pretty quickly. Additional protection is guaranteed by an insulated cover with locking clips. The unit is quite easy to install, and with its 8’ GFCI cord, you don’t need to make any electrical connections or wiring – just plug it in. This is a worthy model for hydrotherapy that’s expected to last long.
This is a top-rated model that will live up to your expectations. The hottub is very easy to handle, so we recommend it to beginners and those who don’t want to waste time on the installation of a blow-up model. However, the unit is quite heavy and is likely to fit either backyard or a large bathroom.
- durable and solid construction;
- no need to work with wiring and connections.
- low capacity;
- isn’t mobile.
AquaRest Spas AR-300 with Easy Plug
Although this hottub isn’t large (it would be ideal for two people), it delivers a great SPA experience. There are 14 stainless steel water jets that can be adjusted, and a cascading waterfall that’s lighted by 9 LEDs. This module can be installed both outdoors and indoors, but there’s no electric heating system – the water simply goes through the pump, which means you need the source of hot water (from a hose or directly from a tube). Therefore, in terms of water temperature, it can be the most powerful portable hottub, but it’s definitely not as mobile as blowup models.
This unit is definitely not for backyard parties – this is an expensive SPA hottub that provides exceptional rest and comfort for those who are ready to pay and don’t care about portability.
- many great functions;
- water can be heated up to a higher level than 40 degrees.
- low capacity (2 people);
- low mobility.
Conclusions & Our Recommendation
A portable hottub is not a luxury anymore – the Internet is full of great models, and you can easily find a blowup unit for less than $400. However, there are many aspects to consider, and overall quality is one of them.
After reviewing ten worthy hottub models, we are ready to name the top picks for our readers. If you want a simple inflated model around $300, choose Coleman Saluspa – it’s way more durable than Intex inflatable portable hottub and other similar counterparts. If you are ready to pay for comfort and don’t mind buying a molded hottub, select either Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity, or AquaRest Spas AR-300 – they cost over $2,000, but last long.
For partying and large companies, select blowup models: M-SPA Tekapo is our ultimate choice.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
- 11 Things You Should Know About Backpack Sprayer Before Buying One: The Guide To Safety, Selection And Maintenance 2021
- The Best Backpack Sprayers 2021: The Complete Buyer’s Guide Compared And Reviewed For Fertilizers, Herbicides And Pesticides
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- The Power Of Sun For Your Garden: The Best Solar Garden Light Models Reviewed and Compared 2021
- Animals And Pests Keep Intruding Your Garden? Add Fence Spikes To Your Fencing To Keep Them Out: Garden Protection Guide 2021
- Best Grill Covers 2021: Keep Your Grill Clean And Weather-Protected
✅ Home Design And Tips
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- How to Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- Everything You Need To Know About Garden Tiller 2021: Selection And Safety Tips For Easy Seeding And Soil Cultivating
- The 10 Best Potting Soil For Growing Healthy Plants Indoors Reviewed 2021 | Soil Mix, pH, Product Type
- Detailed Review On The 10 Best Garden Shears 2021: Get Your Best Fit Here
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- 4 Methods of Domestic Waste Disposal
- Environmental Homes- Earthships
- Five Green Tips That Keeps Homes Warm All Winter
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Want A Bouquet Sent To A Beloved One Even When Separated By Distance? The Ultimate Guide To International Flower Delivery 2021
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
- Beginner’s Guide to Indoor Grow Box Before Purchase: Sustainable Cultivation Secrets at Home or in Office FAQs 2021
✅ Bird Care
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- What Can Parrots Eat Or Not Eat? Find The Best Safe Fruits and Vegetables For Healthy Bird Diet 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips