A lot of people hate snakes and want to keep them away from their lawns and gardens. While a number of snakes are relatively harmless some snakes are poisonous so you may want to keep them away by using a good snake repellent.
Chemical Snake Repellent
A chemical snake repellent basically works on a snake’s sense of smell and taste. Snakes use their sense of smell and taste to learn about the environment around them. Snake repellents make it difficult for the snake to gather information and as a result, the snake will leave to find a place that does not have snake repellent. Repellents do not harm the snake and the snake will recover its ability to use its sense of smell and taste shortly after it leaves the area where the snake repellent has been used.
A chemical snake repellent may need to be applied a number of times to make sure that it remains effective. It is also important to reapply the snake repellent after a particularly hard rain which may have washed away some of the repellent.
When choosing amongst the numerous snake repellents on the market, it is important to choose one that does not contain naphthalene which is a common ingredient. Naphthalene has been shown to be hazardous to both humans and the environment. There are a number of snake repellents on the market that do not contain chemicals that are harmful to the environment so make sure that you pick the right one.
Electronic Snake Repellent
Another type of snake repellent is an electronic one that relies on vibrations. Snakes can sense these vibrations and interpret them as danger which causes any snakes to leave the area. Of course, since the vibrations are sent through the ground, any snakes that are usually found in trees will not be affected.
The benefit of this type of an electronic snake repellent is that it does not affect any other animals and you don’t need to worry about any chemicals that may affect the environment. In fact, you can even by an electronic snake repeller that is solar powered and takes only a minimum of upkeep.
Using an electronic snake repellent provides another benefit as well. The vibrations emitted by the snake repeller will also make other pests leave your garden. This has the added benefit of not only getting rid of other pests but also reducing a snake’s food supply which will make a snake even more likely to leave.
It is important to know the type of snakes that live in your area so that you can buy a snake repellent that will match your type of snake. Some repellents will only be effective with certain types of snakes so you will need to make sure that you buy the right one.
We all want to enjoy our garden and lawn without having to be on the lookout for snakes. With the proper use of a snake repellent, you can wander your garden without giving a second thought to snakes
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Best Tips On Herbicides Usage And Selection – All You Need To Know Before Application FAQs 2021
- The Best Grow Box To Cultivate As A Pro Reviewed 2021: Incubate Your Perfect Indoor Greenery Garden
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2021: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 20 Outdoor Furniture Ideas To Make You Happy In The Garden 2021
- 3 Different Types Of Popular Outdoor Garden Lights 2021
- Protection From Outdoor Weather: The Buying Guide On Grill Cover and Grill Maintenance 2021
✅ Home Design And Tips
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Add A Burst Of Colour: The Hydrangea Colour Wheel Dining Sets
- Bring The Wonders Of The Garden Into Your Own Bedroom: Ideas To Make Over Your Room 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- All You Need To Know About Lawn Sweepers: What, How, When, Which FAQs 2021
- 9 Things You Need To Know In Using A Riding Lawn Mower: Ultimate Guide To Safety And Efficiency 2021
- Best Pond Vacuums Reviewed 2021: The Most Complete Buyer’s Guide
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Five Green Tips That Keeps Homes Warm All Winter
- 15 Facts You Need To Know About Outdoor Solar Lights for Your Garden: The Essential Guide 2021
- How to Make Your Own Bug Spray?
✅ Plant Care And Products
- Drought Tips
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
- Beginner’s Guide to Indoor Grow Box Before Purchase: Sustainable Cultivation Secrets at Home or in Office FAQs 2021
✅ Bird Care
- Top Environment and Cage Tips For Parrot Owners: How To Make Your Parrot Comfortable At Home 2021
- How To Care For Birds In The Summer Heat: A Bird Owner’s Guide To A Cool Summer 2021
- Common Abnormal Behaviour In Birds: How To Take Care Of Your Parrots?
✅ Decluttering Tips