Adding fence spikes to the top of your fencing from Titan Contractors can help keep animals and other pests away from your garden. Fence spikes discourage cats, foxes and large birds from using your fence panels as a place to admire your garden and to see if a visit is desired. They are also effective against burglars wishing to climb over your fence and into your garden.
You mustn’t confuse fence spikes with fence post spikes. Post spikes are driven into the ground to hold your fence posts in place so that your fence panels can be fixed between the posts. Fence spikes are a much smaller item that can be added to the top of your fence panels as an inconvenience to animals and burglars.
You can’t add broken glass to your fence panels
Your local authority will not give you permission to add broken glass or barbed wire to the top of your fence panels and if a burglar is injured because you have added these items to keep them out, you may still be liable, financially, for the injuries.
Local authorities have approved certain types of spikes that can be added to the top of your fence panels. They will discourage people from trying to climb over your fence and from small animals attempting to enter your garden, but they will not physically hurt humans or animals. They do provide a barrier that appears to be too difficult for people or pets to attempt to climb over your fence panels. Your garden fence accessory suppliers can provide a range of different size spikes and lengths of the strips to apply to the top of your fence panels.
Some people insist on adding fence spikes as a means to keep children and pets inside the barrier of your fence panels, making it difficult for them to climb over the border and into danger.
How to add your fence spikes?
The fence spikes are extremely flexible and easy for you to cut or trim to the right size to match your fence panels. Some arrive as a triple width spike, which you can trim to double width or single width depending upon where you choose to use them on your fence panels. Some people place them around fishponds to keep cats out. Cats and foxes and larger birds will be put off by the spikes and will look elsewhere for easier prey.
The fence spike strips come complete with holes where you can hammer a small restless nail into the top of your fence panels to keep them secure.
Some fence spikes are delivered with a warning sign that you can affix to your fence panels. This may deter some humans from trying to climb over your fence as they might not know how dangerous the fence spikes are going to be. Nevertheless, some very clever and diligent cats will find a way to walk across your fence spikes because the spikes are purely a deterrent and not impossible to pass over and they won’t even have bothered to read your warning sign.
Other Garden Carers Are Reading:
- Still Having Problems With Your Wood Glue? Here Is The Ultimate Adhesive Guide FAQs From Selection To Application 2021
- Where Do You Put Your Coffee On A Garden Bench? The Solution To Quality Self-Time
- Best 10 Herbicide Of 2021 For Maintaining A Clean & Healthy Yard Reviewed
✅ Outdoor Garden Design And Tips
- 3 Different Types Of Popular Outdoor Garden Lights 2021
- 20 Outdoor Furniture Ideas To Make You Happy In The Garden 2021
- Best 10 Patio Heaters Review 2021: The Ultimate Guide On Keeping You Warm Outdoors
✅ Home Design And Tips
- How to Select The Right Roman Blinds For Your Home: Your Perfect Interior Curtain Guide 2021
- The Loud And Clear Reminder To Get House Insurance 2021
- Love Your Garden Possessions? Protect Your Prized Garden Furniture With Home Insurance 2021
✅ Garden Care Products
- The 10 Best Roach Killers Reviewed 2021: Get Rid Of The Nasty Bugs Safely And Efficiently With The Tool Of Your Choice
- The Best Backpack Sprayers 2021: The Complete Buyer’s Guide Compared And Reviewed For Fertilizers, Herbicides And Pesticides
- The 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders Reviewed And Compared: Guide On How To Choose Your Own Model 2021
✅ Sustainable Living Products And Tips
- Four New Ideas To Make Better Use Of Your Trash
- 10 Ways to Conserve Water
- Encouraging Children to Save Our Environment
✅ Plant Care And Products
- How To Grow Your Own Medicinal Garden? The Easy Tips On Caring And Nurturing Plants and Herbs 2021
- All About The Healing Plant Birch/Betula Verrucosa 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
- Everything You Need To Know About Viper’s Bugloss/Echium Vulgare 2021 | Benefits, Uses, Remedies, Cures & Side-Effects
✅ Bird Care
- The Ultimate Guide To Budgie Aviary Set Up: Save Cost And Time 2021
- Bird Talk Guide: How To Teach Your Bird To Master The Human Language 2021
- What Can Parrots Eat Or Not Eat? Find The Best Safe Fruits and Vegetables For Healthy Bird Diet 2021
✅ Decluttering Tips